The irony of it

I recently entered a competition, not for anything major, just a commemorative keep cup. It was in conjunction with kathmandu & a Vic Gov initiative called Take 2, which apparently is trying to urge us all to conserve energy, care for the environment, not use cars as much etc etc

Now, I won a cup & was sent the redemption code-and told to present it at their headquarters in the city of Melbourne to redeem.

I've sent them a suggestion. It is that if you are a govt group encouraging energy saving, then don't put your name to a competition that requires people to travel 40km or more to pick up.

That Melbourne isn't the centre of the universe and diversifying things, letting people do more in their local area, is a better way to go.

Why not  have had the competition with a certain number of cups at each shop location, and let people choose what shop to enter at?

Sending eg 5 cups to each shop wouldn't use any more energy as the pack could go in with a normal clothes shipment.

Government bodies-they say one thing but they don't practice what they preach.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

The irony of it

kinda like introducing a import tax that costs more to collect it than it makes really

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

The irony of it

Pretty much, david.

I won't be collecting it as I am in the outer suburbs but had it been at one of their local branches, i would have.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply