Tiger airways

What do you think of this?

My sister's daughter was booked on Tiger yesterday morning for a flight Melbourne to the Gold Coast.

All Tiger flights were cancelled for the day due to thunderstorm activity. This was a bit surprising as Jetstar only delayed their flights half an hour and back to normal (weather in Melb yesterday started stormy, rain had totally stopped by lunchtime and skies were bright blue with not a cloud in sight by 4pm)

But here's the thing: Tiger could not offer passengers another flight within 24 hours. None available for today. They offered either Tuesday night or else later in the week-eg Thur or Fri.

Trouble is, my niece is due to come home on Fri & accommodation has been paid for in advance.

So my sister had to rebook her daughter on jetstar yesterday. But Tiger does not give any refund at all. said it is their 'policy'. All they will give is a credit note good for 6 months.

I think this should be illegal. I totally understand the no refund policy when it is a customer change of mind, wanting to cancel or rebook etc. But if a company cannot provide a service they have been paid for or offer a suitable alternative within a reasonable time, surely customers should have the choice of a credit note or refund.

I don't think offering an alternative flight 2 1/2 days or 5 days later cuts it. Or not in my book.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Tiger airways

Sorry to hear it springy.

But, buy cheap, get cheap. As we all know by now.

Yet we still take the chance.

Tiger Air owned by Virgin Aus. Controlled by Patrick Corporation which is now controlled by Toll Holdings.

Toll Holdings parent company - Japan Post.

Profits for Tiger and Virgin goes to Japan.

Paying more to Jetstar means profits stay here. Smiley Happy

image host
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Tiger airways

Possibly true, kopenagen. 

But no matter what nationality a company is that operates here, I wish they were all subjected to strict consumer laws.

If you can't supply Australian customers with the product they bought or a substitute they find acceptable, then you should be forced to make a refund one of their options.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply