Turnbull Avoids Debate With Shorten!

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has denied claims he’s refusing to accept Bill Shorten’s GST debate challenge due to policy weakness, saying that it’s rather due to the fact that he’d prefer not to be seen with the Opposition Leader.

The refusal comes after Opposition Leader Bill Shorten issued a damning challenge while conducting a lettuce opinion poll in a local supermarket.

“I’m issuing a challenge to Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull to debate me on the raising of the GST. I’m not afraid. I am strong and tough and will face up, don’t you worry about that. The ball is in your court and not my court, Prime Minister. You name it: any time, any place. I’m definitely free. I don’t have plans that night. Doesn’t matter which night. Bring it on.”

However the Prime Minister has refused to be drawn in by the offer, saying that his unwillingness doesn’t come from a lack of faith in his ideology.

“Look, it’s a complicated situation,” said Turnbull. “It’s not that I do not wish to debate the Opposition Leader on the important issues of the day. Of course that’s a fundamental part of being in a democracy. Honestly, I just don’t want to be seen hanging out with the guy in my own spare time.

“I’ve got a reputation to protect around here. I’m the cool guy that everyone loves. I can’t be seen hanging out with the nerds at the debate club. Look, if there’s no one else around and he’s just moping outside the parliamentary bus stop like most afternoons I might sidle up and have a chat or something - but he always ends up trying to wave to me in parliament and it’s upsetting and distressing.

Entire Article Here

Now that's what I call a nice bit of satire!

Cat LOLMan LOLRobot LOLSmiley LOLWoman LOL

The coveted five laughy-face award.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

"Now that's what I call a nice bit of satire!"

Or just another way of saying that he is too gutless to take on a "nobody" because he doesn't want to be shown up as another as the pompous fool he is.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Who?

Shorten?

Smiley Surprised

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

moonflyte
Community Member

So funny. I watched Shorten trying to make himself relevent today, poor Bill, he just came across as pathetic.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

At least our two former PM's could make the time to talk to each other.

Smiley Wink

Spoiler
enhanced-13525-1401430372-6.jpg

Smiley LOL
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

So funny. I watched Shorten trying to make himself relevent today,

Isn't that what politicians are supposed to do?

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Some have to try harder than others, and as in Mr Shorten's case, some fail.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Politicians are usually playing a Game.

The game is to see how many of the voting people they can convince to buy their lies. Politicians play to secure their own personal fortunes (both real and those which are theirs by virtue of being writ large, in history books)

They are like boxers who shake hands before the match and who later help lift the winner's hand afterwards if they lose.

It's not personal (despite the show) it's Business. Politics is a highly paid game for the main players and we adopt the position of the mug punter who always seems to lose no matter which side we barrack for.

We most of us claim that we don't trust our politicians. and yet most of us admit to voting for one or the other.

Why would we vote for any of them? are we really that stupid? Yes, I think we are, and furthermore I think the pollies are very cognisant of that fact.

The only ethical mode of action here is to withold our vote from the politicians until they begin to demonstrate they will  act in the interests of the People rather than in the interests of those who contribute the most to their campaign funds.

We have the best govt which Money can buy. Such a pity that the People remain so poor as to have so litle influence.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

Some have to try harder than others, and as in Mr Shorten's case, some fail.

some do fail- Tony abbott is another, that's why his party dumped him before he'd even been in for one term

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

There is a push to have Richard Di Natale be included in election debates. I think that is a great idea, with no offence to Bill and Mal, it would make for a more interesting debate, having someone with a conscience.

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply