Visiting Irishman From UK

Hi everyone ..top o the morning to ye..just passing by..though I would call in to see you
Tommy Loves Everyone... Im a 75 year old nutcase..
Message 1 of 2,931
Latest reply
2,930 REPLIES 2,930

A very loud Texan Engineer was visiting Australia, and talking big about all of the large civil works in the USA that he was involved in. To be polite his Australian counterpart took him on a tour of some of Sydneyโ€™s larger constructions.
First he took him to Gladesville Bridge. The Texan exclaimed, "Whatโ€™s that!โ€ In reply the Australian said, "Thats the Gladesville Bridge".
"Hmmph" said the Texan, "How long and how many men did it take to build?โ€ The Australian replied, "About 5 years with 1000 men."
The Texan replied, "Well in Texas we would've done it in 2 years with 500 men."
Next they went to the Sydney Opera House. "What's that" said the Texan. "That's the Sydney Opera House" was the reply.
"Hmmph" said the Texan, "How long and how many men did it take to build?โ€ The Australian replied, "About 10 years with 200 men". The Texan replied "Well in Texas we would've done it in 4 years with 200 men."
By this stage the Australian was a little put out by the Texan's attitude so he decided to get some revenge, they walked around the Sydney Opera House and as they did the Sydney Harbor Bridge came into view.
Immediately the Texan exclaimed, "Wow! What's that?"
The Australian Engineer replied, "I don't know, it wasn't there yesterday."

Message 961 of 2,931
Latest reply

Three patients in a mental institution prepare for an examination given by the head psychiatrist. If the patients pass the exam, they will be free to leave the hospital. However, if they fail, the institution will detain them for five years.

The doctor takes the three patients to the top of a diving board looking over an empty swimming pool, and asks the first patient to jump.

The first patient jumps head first into the pool and breaks both arms.  

Then the second patient jumps and breaks both legs.  

The third patient looks over the side and refuses to jump. "Congratulations! You're a free man. Just tell me why didn't you jump?" asked the doctor.

To which the third patient answered, "Well Doc, I can't swim!" 

Message 962 of 2,931
Latest reply

Ralph and Edna were both patients in a mental hospital. One day while they were walking past the hospital swimming pool , Ralph suddenly 
jumped into the deep end. 

He sank to the bottom of the pool and stayed there. 

Edna promptly jumped in to save him. She swam to the bottom and pulled him out. When the Director of Nursing became aware of Edna's heroic act she immediately ordered her to be discharged from the hospital, as she now considered her to be mentally stable. 

When she went to tell Edna the news she said, 
'Edna, I have good news and bad news. The good news is you're being discharged, since you were able to rationally respond to a crisis by jumping in and saving the life of the person you love... I have concluded that your act displays sound mindedness. 

The bad news is, Ralph hung himself in the bathroom with his bathrobe belt right after you saved him. I am so sorry, but he's dead.' 

Edna replied, 'He didn't hang himself, I put him there to dry.. How soon can I go home?'

Message 963 of 2,931
Latest reply

A man went to the doctor and said 
Doctor I have a problem, but if you are going to treat it you must promise not to laugh.
Of course I won`t laugh, the doctor said, I`m a professional, in over 20 years I`ve never laughed at a patient.
O.K. then,the man said, and proceded to drop his trousers, revealing the tiniest **bleep** the doctor has ever seen, 
Unable to control himself, the doctor fell laughing to the floor. Ten minutes later he was able to struggle to his feet,and regain his composure.
I`m so sorry, he said, I dont know what came over me. On my honor as a doctor and a gentleman, I promise it won`t happen again,
O.K., the man says,
Now the doctor says, getting down to business, What seems to be the problem ?
Well, the guy says, ...its swollen...

Message 964 of 2,931
Latest reply

EXERCISE FOR PEOPLE OVER 50

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side.

With a 5lb potato bag in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, and then relax.

Each day you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer. After a couple of weeks, move up to 10lb potato bags.

Then try 50lb potato bags and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100lb potato bag in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute. (I'm at this level.)

After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each bag.

Message 965 of 2,931
Latest reply

A husband and wife are shopping in their local supermarket.

The husband picks up a case of Budweiser and puts it in their cart. 'What do you think you're doing?' asks the wife.

'They're on sale, only ยฃ10 for 24 cans he replies.

'Put them back, we can't afford them demands the wife, and so they carry on shopping.

A few aisles further on along the woman picks up a ยฃ20 jar of face cream and puts it in the basket.

What do you think you're doing?' asks the husband.

'Itโ€™s my face cream. It makes me look beautiful,' replies the wife.

Her husband retorts: 'So does 24 cans of Budweiser and it's half the price.' !

Message 966 of 2,931
Latest reply

56.jpg

Message 967 of 2,931
Latest reply

The District Judge had given Tommy a lecture on the evils of drink. But in view of the fact that this was the first time he'd been drunk and incapable, the case was dismissed on payment of ten Euros costs. "Now don't let me ever see your face again," said the Justice sternly as Tommy turned to go. "I'm afraid I can't promise that, sir," said Tommy. "And why not?" "Because I'm the barman at your pub!"
Message 968 of 2,931
Latest reply

An elderly man, 82, just returned from the doctors only to find he didn't have long to live. So he summoned the three most important people in his life to tell them of his fate: 1. His Doctor 2. His Priest 3. His Lawyer. He said, "Well, today I found out I don't have long to live. So, I have summoned you three here, because you are the most important people in my life, and I need to ask a favor. Today, I am going to give each of you an envelope with $50,000 dollars inside. When I die, I would ask that all three of you throw the money into my grave." After the man passed on, the three people happened to run into each other. The doctor said, "I have to admit I kept $10,000 dollars of his money. He owed me from lots of medical bills. But, I threw the other $40,000 in like he requested. "The Priest said, "I have to admit also, I kept $25,000 dollars for the church. Itโ€™s all going to a good cause. I did, however, throw the other $25,000 in the grave." Well the Lawyer just couldn't believe what he was hearing! "I am surprised at you two for taking advantage of him like that. I wrote a check for the full amount and threw it all in!!!"
Message 969 of 2,931
Latest reply

The Teacher had asked the class to write an essay about an unusual event that happened during the past week. Little Johnny got up to read his. It began, "My daddy fell in well last week." "Good Lord!" the teacher exclaimed. "Is he OK?" "He must be," said Little Johnny. "He stopped calling for help yesterday."
Message 970 of 2,931
Latest reply