WORDLE - anyone else trying the daily online word game?

I recently stumbled across WORDLE online.  For the uninitiated, it is a daily word guessing game where you have to try to guess the word in 6 or less tries.

https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/

This, from Wikipedia, explains the game:

Every day, a five-letter word is chosen which players aim to guess within six tries. After every guess, each letter is marked as either green, yellow or gray: green indicates that letter is correct and in the correct position, yellow means it is in the answer but not in the right position, while gray indicates it is not in the answer at all. The game has a "hard mode" option, which requires players to include letters marked as green and yellow in subsequent guesses. The daily word is the same for everyone. The game also has a dark mode as well as a high-contrast theme for colourblind accessibility, which changes the color scheme from green and yellow to orange and blue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wordle

This abc news story has some tips for playing:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-26/why-wordle-has-become-a-new-online-obsession/100782794

I have found that most that most days I can get the daily word in 5 tries or less (mostly 5 though).  Interestingly, there is a spinoff of WORDLE called LEWDLE, where the words are lewd, or naughty, words.  I have better success with LEWDLE than I do with WORDLE . . . getting the word in just 2 or 3 attempts.  Not sure what that says about my private school education 🤣

Message 1 of 5,057
Latest reply
5,056 REPLIES 5,056

Daily Octordle #372
3️⃣4️⃣
🕚9️⃣
6️⃣5️⃣
7️⃣8️⃣
Score: 53

Grr. I’d have got it in 10 if it hadn’t been for that pesky word that wasn’t fried.

Message 2761 of 5,057
Latest reply

Wordle 592 3/6

🟨
🟩🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I cleared out my cookies and cache last night. Results of that was, I got locked out of my ebay account. Plus, it still didn't give the option to share Wordle, so I have to use a different browser for that, which seems to work. Starting my streak from 1 again!

I got onto live chat this morning and they couldn't help me without me calling the ebay help line. Problem was, it didn't matter what option I selected in the contact us, it took me to the sign in page and I couldn't get past it. The dude on live chat said that was impossible. Really? It's happening! I can't use contact us! The only reason I got onto chat  this morning was because there was a link to contact us in the "we don't recognise the device you are using" message. Otherwise, I was completely locked out. He was directing me to contact us to get the phone number to call. I asked him to give me the number, but he said it was computer generated. I asked if I could get the number via one of my other accounts. Nope, the number is computer generated. I didn't realise that ebay had a gazzilion different numbers that was dedicated just to you.

The dude on live chat said the only option was to buy as a guest, or create a new account. I've NEVER been able to buy as a guest (I have to log in, no choice), and I wasn't wanting to buy anything. So, you will see I have a new ID which is nearly identical to my previous one.

Moral of the story is, while clearing cookies and cache is often a fix for many ebay problems, be very careful these days. You may get locked out and not be able to be unlocked!

Message 2762 of 5,057
Latest reply

I will take that to heart.

At least you found a workaround!

Message 2763 of 5,057
Latest reply

What an absolute nightmare!

I am glad you have been able to get back somehow.

I do feel your anxiety. It would be so annoying to lose your ebay account.

I have felt that frustration of being locked out, though not with ebay.

I play candy crush and used to play it on computer and phone-the same account.

Then for some reason, my phone unlinked. I could still play it on there though and that account streaked ahead of the computer me.

One morning though, the entire facebook C/Crush account on my computer had disappeared, and I have never been able to get it back.

No worries, continued on phone and was 1500+ levels further on when one day, on my phone, I found it had linked back to my previous computer facebook level and photo. Mind you, I still can't get it on computer.

I was so annoyed but had no choice. I'm still 1000 levels under where I used to be.😵

Didn't get a chance to do the games yesterday, was flat out and exhausted by about 9pm.

Today's effort was lucky as I ended up with first 3 letters after 2 turns and also knew one letter it couldn't have, so that ruled out several possibilities.

Wordle 593 3/6

🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Message 2764 of 5,057
Latest reply

Daily Dordle 0374 6&4/7
🟨🟩🟨 🟨🟩🟨
🟨 🟩🟩🟩
🟨 🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟩 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
zaratustra.itch.io/dordle

That first word is a bit of an American word, not in spelling but in use.

Message 2765 of 5,057
Latest reply

Daily Quordle 374
8️⃣5️⃣
6️⃣4️⃣
quordle.com
🟨🟨 🟨
🟨 🟨🟨
🟨 🟩🟨🟨
🟩
🟨🟨 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

🟩🟨 🟨
🟨🟨 🟨🟩
🟨 🟨🟨
🟨 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

My average sort of effort.

Message 2766 of 5,057
Latest reply

Wordle 593 4/6

🟩
🟩🟨
🟨🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I'm happy with that!

Message 2767 of 5,057
Latest reply

Daily Octordle #374
🔟6️⃣
8️⃣9️⃣
4️⃣5️⃣
🕚🟥
Score: 67

I missed the last one. When I got near the end, I still had several common letters I had, for some reason, not used. So I chose the wrong first letter a couple of times.

Message 2768 of 5,057
Latest reply

Wordle 594 4/6

🟨
🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Message 2769 of 5,057
Latest reply

Wordle 594 3/6

🟨
🟨🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Message 2770 of 5,057
Latest reply