Warning : Fake virus emails from Paypal 24/5/15

WARNING !

A fake email claiming to be from Paypal is doing the rounds of Paypal account holders today - 24th April '15.

It claims to be from - services@inc.paypal, with the subject being - "Receipt for your payment to AU-AdCommerce_EOM@ebay.com".

The email looks to be genuine but it is infact a VIRUS

Genuine Paypal emails always include your name as part of the greeting. Eg : "Dear John" or Dear John Smith".

The fake emails only have the greeting as "Dear", - no name included.

The fake Paypal email i received claimed to be a receipt from Paypal for a purchase I alledgably made last month.

It also claims that payment has already been made, with another persons delivery address being listed.

Please do not click on any of the emails links, as doing so will probably corrupt whatever device you are viewing it on.

Just totally delete it from your device.

Paypal have been notified of this fake email and have verified it is a phishing attempt.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Thanks for the heads-up.

photo 214a93fa3a9e326200857a2dbc30e730_zps379416e4.jpg
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

That one has been circulating since last year..........comes up every now and then.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks for the warning.

I had one today saying my account details need updating and a link to click on.   As if.  Of course it didn't address me by name but even if it did I'd probably go the paypal  site before doing anything. I feel so sorry for people who are caught by these scams.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I had one of those a couple of weeks ago. Contacted Paypal (not through the link) was told they will get back to me within 48 hours. Have not heard a word from Paypal yet.

I nver open links in my email.

Erica

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply