We bought that computer with windows 7 and have another question...

lal-au0
Community Member

every time we want to use the internet we have to go to that internet connection thingie and type in the password and name.

we cannot open the internet just by clicking on firefox.

we did save the password which makes it a bit less annoying but we don't really want to live with it like that.

aaarrrggghhhh!

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you are content with it, that's great 🙂 yay!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.

View solution in original post

Message 32 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

j*oono
Community Member

That's weird.  I have no idea but just a bump in case someone has a clue.

I use Chrome.  I tried firefox and I can't remember why I didn't like it.

Joono
Message 2 of 32
Latest reply

dont you mean just logging onto your computer?

on vista there was an option, safety mode or something so no-one could use your computer to access the internet, or you could just go straight to your desk top without signing in

with W8 there doesnt seem to be an option, you must enter a name and PW, maybe the same as W7?

Signatures suck.
Message 3 of 32
Latest reply

Are you using WIFI or wired LAN to connect to the internet?

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 4 of 32
Latest reply

@lal-au0 wrote:

every time we want to use the internet we have to go to that internet connection thingie and type in the password and name.

we cannot open the internet just by clicking on firefox.

we did save the password which makes it a bit less annoying but we don't really want to live with it like that.

aaarrrggghhhh!

Go to user account and uncheck the box that requires a password to use this computer

Message 5 of 32
Latest reply

I dont think it is a logging on to the computer that they are having a problem with.

But Lal,  a bit more info would not go astray.

I feel sure that a lot of the posters here believe that they can read minds but even they need a few clues 🙂

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 6 of 32
Latest reply

@poddster wrote:

I dont think it is a logging on to the computer that they are having a problem with.

But Lal,  a bit more info would not go astray.

I feel sure that a lot of the posters here believe that they can read minds but even they need a few clues 🙂

It is a log in default on most win 7 and 8 machines.  If not unchecked the machine wants a password after hibernation.

It also might need to be unchecked in the internet settings, although I found with mine once I unchecked the user setting it no longer required password on net connection.

Message 7 of 32
Latest reply

Might pay to actually read the opening post 🙂

Message 8 of 32
Latest reply

It just goes to highlight one of the problems of this forum, some posters read what is written and without hesitation put their incorrect assumption on what they have read and proceed to give advice on the erroneous assumption. No wonder there is so much misunderstanding here that leads to confusion and arguments more often than not.

Message 9 of 32
Latest reply

@poddster wrote:

Might pay to actually read the opening post 🙂

I did read the opening post and I shared my experience with similar issue.

What's your problem?  No need for the snarkiness. Rude and uncalled for.

Message 10 of 32
Latest reply