Well would you Adam & Eve it ?

First it was the Robertson's Marmalade Golly that caused some people to be mortally offended, now poor old Betty Boop has come in for criticism.

Every one has a right to be offended, but for such a simple thing as a cartoon character, why can't they just reach for the smelling salts and move on.

I'm offended by One Directions's music, but no one listens to me.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/07/10/betty-boop-bus-sevenoaks_n_7770838.html

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

ecar3483
Community Member

And she's never heard of Manga?

Some people have far too much time on their hands.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Offended by a cartoon? I've heard that somewhere else before, I think.

Eva Herzigova's Wonderbra billboards have been declared the most eye-catching ads of the past few decades.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1371800/Wonderbra-Hello-Boys-advert-voted-iconic-time.html

and she is a real person, posing in a more revealing costume and in a much more provocative pose. And she is lauded as an "icon".

(from the OP) . . . I'm offended by One Directions's music, but no one listens to me.

And I'm offended by some of the texts in the Koran and by the ideas taught by the religion of Islam in general, but no one listens to me much, either.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

@iapetus_rocks wrote:

'And I'm offended by some of the texts in the Koran and by the ideas taught by the religion of Islam in general, but no one listens to me much, either'. 

Can't argue with that. I acquiesce completely.

But if that silly Sevenoaks resident is offended by a scantily clad cartoon character, she should get out more and visit her nearest town or city centre on a Friday and Saturday night. (I don't suppose they have such shenanigans in snooty Sevenoaks, as the 'binge drinking' fraternity).

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

I agree with you, electric mayhem! The poor little gollies have been in hiding ever since 😞
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

what's next?

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Men in lycra

men in lycra.jpg

Joono
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply