What Would You Do ?

Yesterday I was walking through the LIbrary

and right in front of me was $10 on the floor

it was right out in the middle of the room , no one was standing next to it

so I pick it up and put it in my pocket and walked out as I was about to do .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some years ago I worked as a checkout operator at one of the Big 2 supermarts

one day an old man came through my checkout and paid with $100 note

I could see a smalll dog ear in the corner but noticed that the note was still complete

thus meaning that two $100 notes were perfectly stuck together

I acessed the situation quickly in my head because I had never struck this before

1- just put it in the register it belongs to C*l*S

2-put it in my pocket no one is ever going to know and the register will balance

3-give it to the old man even though he had no clue and would have recieved the notes joined

anyway I had a quick look  to see that the supervisor was not around pulled the two notes apart

and gave the second one back to the old guy

he was so happy that I thought I had done the right thing but never told any of  my co-workers about it

what do you think you would do ?

Message 1 of 59
Latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

What Would You Do ?

so if you are walking down the street and you find $10 are you going to hand it in to the council?

Message 11 of 59
Latest reply

What Would You Do ?

anyway I had a quick look  to see that the supervisor was not around pulled the two notes apart

why ???

Message 12 of 59
Latest reply

What Would You Do ?

Money lying on floor even if it is $5 - if it is in a supermarket, library etc ...hand it in to the service desk. I have done this.

Person handing over more money than they should.. I tell them and give it back.

Recently in a bank the teller handed me the $20 I should have been given, then she did the computer bit, then went to hand me another $20. I told her, you have already given me $20. She was so grateful I didn't take it and not say anything.
Message 13 of 59
Latest reply

What Would You Do ?

@opmania wrote:

so if you are walking down the street and you find $10 are you going to hand it in to the council?

i wouldn't feel right about keeping it so would

probably hand it in the nearest shop. 

you never know, you could end up on candid 

camera Woman Frustrated

Message 14 of 59
Latest reply

What Would You Do ?

what is a council?, maybe i could put it in a church collection plate. id make some effort to find the true owner.

Fun Factor : Now you have a choice in chat, factor that
Message 15 of 59
Latest reply

What Would You Do ?

10 dollars isn't gonna solve my money problems, or lack of, 100 dollars, or a cool grand isn't gonna put me on easy street.

Lets make this topic alittle more interesting..

If you found, lol,, ,, a lottery ticket, say a mega millions or classic,, those are the ones i play. say it had blown in the wind and pinned up against a fence, you decide to check it and discover it's a winning ticket, all numbers matching the winning ones, that would be into the millions of dollars,, would you claim it as your own?, would you make any effort to locate the one who apparently lost it?

thats the real test, i would think. and since i'm asking the question here, I guess i don't have to answer it, least not right away. i will say that 100 or even a cool grand isn't gonna help me much in this life. it won't set me for life, won't buy me a house.. won't even pay a years taxes on most houses. but a million or more? that might be a game changer in my life as it has been. it's why i only play the mega and classic, if i win at all, i don't want to win small

Message 16 of 59
Latest reply

What Would You Do ?

Icy, I was thinking more about the 100.

The tenner I would hand into the library, someone might come and ask and if not the library would probably put it in their donations tin. Simples. Smiley Happy

Joannie, A council here is a part of the local government in a county or shire taking care of business in an small local area of a city.

Don't know what it's called in America.

image host
Message 17 of 59
Latest reply

What Would You Do ?

@*julia*2010 wrote:

why ???

because I expect that the supermarket would claim that money to be theirs under the circumstances

and If they saw me doing that I would have been in trouble

Message 18 of 59
Latest reply

What Would You Do ?

Joanie, any claimant would have to show real hard evidence that they were the owner of the ticket before I'd hand it over. Like a photo of them holding the ticket.

I'd want a very good reward too 😄

Would I advertise that I had found the ticket?  

Joono
Message 19 of 59
Latest reply

What Would You Do ?

Joannie, A council here is a part of the local government in a county or shire taking care of business in an small local area of a city.

Don't know what it's called in America.

hard to say, probibly a municipal building, (local police, courthouse) or township building. (where we go to vote) Whouldn't be my first choice to turn in lost money.

Joanie, any claimant would have to show real hard evidence that they were the owner of the ticket before I'd hand it over. Like a photo of them holding the ticket. I'd want a very good reward too :womanvery-happy: Would I advertise that I had found the ticket?

the numbers on a winning ticket can be traced back to where the ticket was sold... if they have cameas in place, it's possible to find the one who bought it. But a vauge possibility, many cameras are set to catch shoplifters at the time they commit the act, there's not alot of detail for a positive identification, and many places don't save the video unless they have reason to, uasally something that happends that very same day. a robbery, ect.

Would I advertise that I had found the ticket?

Would you know how to deal with all the scammers and con artists coming forward saying the ticket was theirs? I honestly don't know what id do.

Message 20 of 59
Latest reply