What do you consider swearing?

For me, there is no question that the words that start with F, C and even the S word are swearing.

I never use the C word but i will admit to very occasionally using the other two.

I dont count the female dog word as a swear word, but, i would not allow my kids to use it. Its an adult word imo.

I think people who use alternate words in place of swear words, like shoot, fiddlesticks etc, are swearing. IMO if you slip a word in place of a swear word, then that makes it a swear word by proxy

photo walkingdeadtag_zpsbaca2fdd.jpg
Message 1 of 103
Latest reply
102 REPLIES 102

:^O

You feel bad about calling the other woman a "female dog" hence the threads and justifications.

I have a suggestion. Apologise to the woman out loud. Then let it go.

If that's too difficult imagine someone calling you a "female dog" in a car park and see how you feel.

Message 2 of 103
Latest reply

DDB, I realise that this thread relates to your earlier one, however I personally think that the dog word is swearing  along with the ones you nominated above. I think that any word that is used to label a person is wrong and hurtful. I also do not agree with you that swearing is normal these days. I appreciate that you were provoked.

Message 3 of 103
Latest reply

**meep**
Community Member

I dont count the female dog word as a swear word, but, i would not allow my kids to use it. Its an adult word imo.

An adult word?  What does that mean?  Why cant children use adult words?

If you don't think its a swear word, why cant you use it on a public forum?  ?:|

Message 4 of 103
Latest reply

get off your high horse cat.

Im starting threads because im sick of all the political threads, and, since so many say this place is boring now, i thought i might be a thread contributor and get some decent debate happening

Message 5 of 103
Latest reply

There are many many words you cant say on this board. Some for good reason and others not.

Ive seen people slapped for saying "hello" on here

Message 6 of 103
Latest reply

**meep**
Community Member

well ok then, if you would like a debate...

the word in question is considered to be an insult  -  a pejorative term, usually considered profane

Message 7 of 103
Latest reply

j*oono
Community Member

I agree with you about alternate words being just as bad.  I really don't like the way some will use the freak'n one instead of the usual. It's just as bad and I think in fact worse and now I'll probably get mail.

Joono
Message 8 of 103
Latest reply

ohh, i do consider that word an insult. Thats why i tell my kids its an adult word.

When i use that word, i do it with the intent to insult whoever im directing it to.

In saying that though, i think, apart from this mornings incident, i havent used that word on anyone for quite some time.

But, although i consider it an insult word, i dont consider it a swear word.

j*oono- yes. Certain alternate words are now just as bad as the original word

Message 9 of 103
Latest reply

Hi Amy I do consider it swearing

What about blaspheming? Is that swearing?

Message 10 of 103
Latest reply