What does Good Friday mean to you?

?

Message 1 of 83
Latest reply
82 REPLIES 82

It is a day of quiet rest and not doing any major work..Also not eating meat and we will have fish for dinner..We have also enjoyed the traditional hot cross buns that i only buy at easter no matter how long the shops sell them prior to today..

Message 11 of 83
Latest reply

I had forgotten about the no meat thing when I did my shopping so I just strolled to the Gozzie markets and bought some prawns for tonight.

We always have fish or seafood on Good Friday.  It's not so much about religion as tradition, but there could be a little bit of that old Catholic guilt thrown in too.

The disciples were fishermen.

Joono
Message 12 of 83
Latest reply

That's funny and so cute Smiley LOL

Message 13 of 83
Latest reply

Only about 36 weeks till the Christmas break.This is what Good Friday means to me

Message 14 of 83
Latest reply

every Friday is a Good Friday if you have the weekend off

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 15 of 83
Latest reply

easter.jpg

Message 16 of 83
Latest reply

What I have never really understood is -

Jesus was born on 25 December - same day every year right ?

And yet 25 years later - when he was crucified (or hot cross bunned for joono) we have the anniversary of this decided by the phase of the moon as there were no calandars back then?  25 years later ?

Any idea's on this one, coz none of the really friendly door knockers could ever explain it to me.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 17 of 83
Latest reply

@2106greencat wrote:

What I have never really understood is -

Jesus was born on 25 December - same day every year right ? No, that's not right - he wasn't born anywhere near December. But, having said that, isn't your birthday on the same date every year?

And yet 25 years later - when he was crucified (or hot cross bunned for joono) we have the anniversary of this decided by the phase of the moon as there were no calandars back then?  Yes, there were Calendars back then - just not the Gregorian Calendar. 25 years later ? What 25 years?? If you mean when he died,  it was 33.5 years later.

Any idea's on this one, coz none of the really friendly door knockers could ever explain it to me.

Message 18 of 83
Latest reply

but whatever day He died on 33 1/2 years aftwer he was born, isn't that the same day every year?

Message 19 of 83
Latest reply

Cats, I reckon they have to move the date around, cos he has to die on a Friday.

Message 20 of 83
Latest reply