What happened to Jesus after he rose from the dead?

Such a charismatic leader with so many disciples ready to tell his story and follow his teachings. And then the great miracle occurs where he rises from the dead and all that.

But then what?

Where did he go? Who did he lead? How did he die?

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

According to Luke's gospel the ascension took place  near Bethany, 40 days after the resurrection, in the presence of the 11 remaining apostles.

"And he led them out until [they were] over against Bethany: and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them. And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he parted from them, and was carried up into heaven. And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy"

Message 21 of 37
Latest reply

So we've only got their word for it then.

Joono
Message 22 of 37
Latest reply

@*julia*2010 wrote:

@i-need-a-martini wrote:

So he was spirit and not human yes?

no, he was human.  he went to heaven alive.

Muslims believe that Jesus is alive in heaven and will return to the world in the flesh to defeat the Antichrist, once the world has become filled with sin, deception and injustice, and then live out the rest of his natural lifeSmiley Happy

it says in the Bible that Flesh and Blood cannot go to heaven - those in heaven are  'spirits' (as distinct from the eternal soul by the way). So, Jesus rose in human form from the tomb, and spent a time on earth (several days from memory but don't hold me to that) and then he was taken up to heaven (as a spirit), to sit at the right hand of God.

Message 23 of 37
Latest reply

@rabbitearbandicoot wrote:

@*julia*2010 wrote:

dunno

read the koran or the bible

The Koran and the Bible have totally different definitions to who Jesus was and is. The Bible says he was the Son of God. The Koran says he was a prophet but not the Son of God.

that is true but both believe he went to heaven alive/human not in spirit, yes?  i think that was the main question.  what happened to him after he died. sorry if i got it wrong.

Message 24 of 37
Latest reply

@j*oono wrote:

I thought he married Mary Magdalene.  They had four little ones.  Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.  

I went to catechism classes when I was very young but they didn't do me much good.

Now you are being a little silly, aren't you.Smiley Very Happy

Message 25 of 37
Latest reply

@*julia*2010 wrote:

@rabbitearbandicoot wrote:

@*julia*2010 wrote:

dunno

read the koran or the bible

The Koran and the Bible have totally different definitions to who Jesus was and is. The Bible says he was the Son of God. The Koran says he was a prophet but not the Son of God.

that is true but both believe he went to heaven alive/human not in spirit, yes?  i think that was the main question.  what happened to him after he died. sorry if i got it wrong.

No.

Message 26 of 37
Latest reply

6 Hail Mary's, JoonoSmiley Happy

DEB

Message 27 of 37
Latest reply

He visited America.

Message 28 of 37
Latest reply

He went home and played with a stick in the mud.

David Thorne said so.

http://27bslash6.com/easter.html

Message 29 of 37
Latest reply

Bob, I have heard that he ventured int the demilitarised zone and became a victim of oblivion

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 30 of 37
Latest reply