What's For Dinner?

I'm quite excited about mine which is cooking now.  

I'm boiling a chicken for stock.  It's smelling good.  When it's cooked, I'm going to use the meat to make a curry and the stock for cooking rice in.  I'm going to add chopped onions to the rice and vegetables to the curry.  Then I shall serve it up and it will be good and tasty and a bit oily 🙂

How about you?  

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

What's For Dinner?

Friday night = take away night

photo walkingdeadtag_zpsbaca2fdd.jpg
Message 2 of 37
Latest reply

What's For Dinner?

Sounds nice.......

we are having massamann curry with rice. I made it Wednesday....:)

Message 3 of 37
Latest reply

What's For Dinner?

We've been having a fair amount of take away lately.  I should probably buy stocks in Dominos :^O

I love mussaman curry ... beef and potatoes and rice ... such a satisfying combination 🙂

I'll be adding potatoes to my chicken curry ... and zucchinis and maybe broccoli.

Message 4 of 37
Latest reply

What's For Dinner?

Baked Atlantic Salmon marinated in kep manis,ginger and garlic.

Baked potatoes,pumpkin,carrot and beetroot plus steamed baby broccoli.

I'm a bloke who has found a love for cooking as my working days are ending.:-)

Message 5 of 37
Latest reply

What's For Dinner?

We've been having a fair amount of take away lately.  I should probably buy stocks in Dominos :^O

I love mussaman curry ... beef and potatoes and rice ... such a satisfying combination 🙂

I'll be adding potatoes to my chicken curry ... and zucchinis and maybe broccoli.

No potatoes in mine, being a weight watchers recipe, it has carrots instead.

Message 6 of 37
Latest reply

What's For Dinner?

Spanish Meatballs & Rice with Avocado dip and Corn Chips.

& for dessert my OH is hassling me to make Cinnamon Donuts.  We have one of those commercial donut hand plungers so it's easier than it sounds.

Message 7 of 37
Latest reply

What's For Dinner?

Jonn, (((men who love to cook)))

What is kep manis?  I've seen it referred to, but what does it taste like, is it hot and how do you use it?  

Az, are potatoes higher in something than carrots?  Mind you, both are nice 🙂

Message 8 of 37
Latest reply

What's For Dinner?

1 cup raw cubed potato (150 grams) - 22 grams of carbohydrate plus 2 grams fibre

1 cup raw chopped carrot  (128 grams) - 8 grams of carbohydrate plus 4 grams fibre

It has beef, carrot, lime leaves, curry paste and eschalotts, with beef stock and light coconut cream.

Message 9 of 37
Latest reply

What's For Dinner?

Jonn, (((men who love to cook)))

What is kep manis?  I've seen it referred to, but what does it taste like, is it hot and how do you use it?   

Google

Message 10 of 37
Latest reply