When you get menopause

do your feet get hot too? or just your face?

Feet are so cold today that I reckon hot flashes in my feet sounds like a good thing.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 1 of 59
Latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

When you get menopause

@*crikey*mate* wrote:

i have socks and slippers on! and even a blanket under my feet so they don't touch the floor! - had to keep having warm showers to get em warm for a while

A foot bath is just as good, takes less than 5 mins and a lot less water. You don't even have to get undressed.

A warm bowl of water for hands is almost as good.

I always use salted water, it's antiseptic and non drying on the skin.

YES, it's non drying, your body is salted not fresh water.

Message 41 of 59
Latest reply

When you get menopause

hey, I coul;d do that, and do the pedicure thing at the same time!

(feet aren't cold today though)

what about epsom salts? doh - salts LOL - I'm supposed to do that 3 to 4 times a week in a bath, but I figure, on my feet would be close enough

(something about drawing the toxins out of your body (no idea, I just do what I'm told)

but I'm curious, why the need for the antiseptic qualities? like just for general use?

I do the whole footcare thing

First I use this cream that starts with S? it gets all the dead skin off that goes hard and gives people cracked heels an stuff - it's by doctors prescription and the chemist mixes it with something else

Then just before bed, use a cream for people with diabetics - moisturizer for the feet LOL - or if I'm out of that, just vaseline

so I already look after my feet, what would salt do?

Message 42 of 59
Latest reply

When you get menopause

To the OP

Have you developed poor blood circulation from an undiagnosed condition?  

Maybe a health checkup by a medical practitioner might be on the cards.

DEB

Message 43 of 59
Latest reply

When you get menopause

I'm similar with the intensity of sweats suddenly and quickly  dissipates.  I'm 60ish.  

As somebody else mentioned, I too, endured the menopause without medical intervention.  Generations before me did it naturally; so would I.  Perhaps I was fortunate with some symptoms not having a huge impact.

In regard to mood swings, the manner in which we deal with them is up to us.  No excuses for bad manners though or for women to use menopause as an excuse for bad behaviour.  

We are grown women.  With menopause should come wisdom and continued respect of ourselves and others.  

Why is Crikey associating her cold feet with menopause, though.

DEB

Message 44 of 59
Latest reply

When you get menopause

Don't think so, but will ask Deb

But I should be OK, I get Bioscans 9 times a year (3 for each challenge)

Message 45 of 59
Latest reply

When you get menopause

@lloydslights wrote:

I'm similar with the intensity of sweats suddenly and quickly  dissipates.  I'm 60ish.  

As somebody else mentioned, I too, endured the menopause without medical intervention.  Generations before me did it naturally; so would I.  Perhaps I was fortunate with some symptoms not having a huge impact.

In regard to mood swings, the manner in which we deal with them is up to us.  No excuses for bad manners though or for women to use menopause as an excuse for bad behaviour.  

We are grown women.  With menopause should come wisdom and continued respect of ourselves and others.  

Why is Crikey associating her cold feet with menopause, though.

DEB

cos of the hot flashes Deb!

As I'm getting older now, its on my mind a lot, I guess I'm going to have to deal with this, so I'm glad people will talk about it

It's a bit confronting for me atm, but maybe I'll get desensitized over time

I dunno, so I guess my cold feet was maybe a chance to find something positive about it and a bit of humour - dunno how to explain.

Message 46 of 59
Latest reply

When you get menopause

crikey, when and where does this cold feet polynomial occur, and at what sort of activity?

also, the type of heating system installed (if any) in which part of the house? 

Signatures suck.
Message 47 of 59
Latest reply

When you get menopause

@azureline** wrote:
It's an individual thing. Some have symptoms some don't.

yes my mum and nan sailed easily through it, i hope i do the same.

Message 48 of 59
Latest reply

When you get menopause

@joz*garage wrote:

crikey, when and where does this cold feet polynomial occur, and at what sort of activity?

also, the type of heating system installed (if any) in which part of the house? 

happened yesterday - was kust an all day thing, woke up with them cold, thought they'd be right after a run, nope - and were just cold - good today though

Heating system => socks/slippers and a blanket LOL

(Ok we dop have reverse cycle aircon but OH is the only one who uses that, and then only when I'm not watching LOL - for us, Winter is when we can cut our energy bills - air con is pretty much cranked up from Sept to May)

It doesn't get that cold here, it doesn't snow or anything like that, so no need for heaters etc generally

Message 49 of 59
Latest reply

When you get menopause

thats a mighty expensive piece of heating equipment to run you got there, crikey *the reverse c.air-cond that is*

i'm lucky with my woodheater (even though it's located in a room with a concrete floor) and just about every kind of cutting tools to chop up me free timber

only thing i can suggest is, when it occurs; maybe ask hubby to give 'em a rub - this may lead to other hot stuff that can really get the circulation flowing

Signatures suck.
Message 50 of 59
Latest reply