Why are people such staunch Labor voters?

Particularly when every Labor governement in living history has amounted such huge debts whilst in office?

Or is it just that they blindly follow the old mantra, that 'Labor is for the working man?'

Now don't get me wrong - I don't particularly like Abbott, and I sure as h3ll didn't like Rudd or Gillard, but there's so much more to a political party than it's leader.

Feel free to discuss...

Message 1 of 245
Latest reply
244 REPLIES 244

@curmu-curmu wrote:

Particularly when every Labor governement in living history has amounted such huge debts whilst in office?

Or is it just that they blindly follow the old mantra, that 'Labor is for the working man?'

Now don't get me wrong - I don't particularly like Abbott, and I sure as h3ll didn't like Rudd or Gillard, but there's so much more to a political party than it's leader.

Feel free to discuss...

The same reason why some people are so one eye about the liberial party.  And who blimndly follow the shock jock Alan Jones, Ray Hadley Andrew Bolt and Chris Smith.

Message 2 of 245
Latest reply

Looking forward to the Bolt Report today.  Always a huge laugh.

Joono
Message 3 of 245
Latest reply

Because their policies are better
Message 4 of 245
Latest reply

Is the bolt report still on? I thought channel 10 dumped it?
Message 5 of 245
Latest reply

It's just started here Deb.  Right now he's knocking the Human Rights Commission.

Joono
Message 6 of 245
Latest reply

I think you will find that there are just as many rusted on ALP voters as there are rusted on Lib-NP voters.

Message 7 of 245
Latest reply

History and the choice of title has a lot to do with it. also the association with trade unions.

In the past the Labour party in association with unions represented the workers. the choice of the title for the party was a stroke of genius. I am a labourer I will vote Labour

Unfortunately both the Labo(u)r Party and unions have undergone a huge metamorphosis and are nothing like they used to be.

This is where hereditary comes in to play. In the past if a person was brought up in either political environment that is the way that they would be inclined to vote, as there larger numbers of labourers (workers) than employers the voters were equally divided .

Unions play a huge part in Labour politics now days they depend on keeping the voters dumbed down to what is actually happening in political circles and the state of the nation and its economy, for their very survival.

These days the Labor party are in favour of the welfare state for the same reason, to dumb down tho majority of the population so that they can retain power.

unless the cycle is broken Australia will become a welfare country with foreign ownership and have its raw resources plundered. When the resources have been depleted, what then?

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 8 of 245
Latest reply

Deb

Some maybe, but some aren't and even they admit it later. Asylum Seeker boat policy for one, the Labor leaders were rusted on to t when it wasn't the right policy, both for humanitarian, monetary and achieving (non) reasons.

Message 9 of 245
Latest reply

I have always Voted Labour, all but once when I could not bring myself to vote for a back stabbing red head, then I voted green 🙂

Message 10 of 245
Latest reply