Xmas pressie help

Technophobic husband wants a dashcam for christmas. Any recommendations?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Xmas pressie help

i would recommend garmin.

have a look on their website. 

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Xmas pressie help

I suggest BlackVue, but not cheap.

image host
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Xmas pressie help

there was a review on this on the telly

all levels worked well, entry level etc

they recommended not to get the one you plug-in a mobile phone, the reception ends up with a bit of a whobble

Signatures suck.
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Xmas pressie help

Oddly enough, I installed one in my Saab Aero just last month.  This is the site from which I purchased it............  http://www.spytecinc.com/    Apparently there are a lot of fakes out there, but I received the genuine article from this store.

The item I bought is a

G1W-CB 1080P HD Car Dash

And it works beautifully..........great picture, easily installed..........it sits behind my rear view mirror.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Xmas pressie help

Good morning Kathy,

DD uses a GoPro ( silver ) for racing her MX5.

Or for just reliving roundabouts.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Xmas pressie help

Unfortunately, I believe a GoPro doesn't loop itself, it has to be deleted, which pretty much makes it useless for a constant input while driving.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Xmas pressie help

I'm interested in one also with so many idiots on the road.  Almost wiped out yesterday by someone coming out of a street on the right who didn't even stop and came straight for me.    Can you install them yourself or do you have to get them installed professionally?

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Xmas pressie help

I think most of them stick onto the windscreen with a suction cup and just plug into the cigarette lighter.

image host
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Xmas pressie help

It's child's play to install one.......you attach it to its suction cup mount, stick it to the windscreen, plug the wire into a cigarette lighter or 12V access in your car.  You need (if you purchase one like mine) a mini SD card which is installed in the camera (you need to push it in with a thumbnail until it clicks into place).  And that's pretty much it.

The one I bought has a G-force program, where, in the case of an accident, the events leading up to the accident are saved.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply