another "idiot of the day" award candidate

gleee58
Community Member

http://kfor.com/2015/07/05/man-shoots-off-firework-from-top-of-his-head-dies-instantly/

CALAIS, Maine — Authorities said a 22-year-old man died after he launched a firework off the top of his head on Saturday night.

WCSH reported that 22-year-old Devon Staples and his friends were drinking at the time of the incident. It reportedly happened in the backyard of one of Staples’ friend’s homes in Calais, Maine.

According to the state Department of Public Safety, Staples placed a fireworks mortar tube on his head and set it off. He died instantly after the firework exploded.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

posting this says more about you than the article

Signatures suck.
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

It's Both sad and silly when you read the article. someone (his brother) says it was lit accidentaly but it sounds more like a prank gone wrong
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@joz*garage wrote:

posting this says more about you than the article

Well, I've done some stupid in my time but never did I consider it wise or safe to place a fireworks launcher on my head and fire.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@debra9275 wrote:
It's Both sad and silly when you read the article. someone (his brother) says it was lit accidentaly but it sounds more like a prank gone wrong

Yes, it's a shocking waste of life and a shocking tragedy for his family.  

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@gleee58 wrote:

@debra9275 wrote:

Yes, it's a shocking waste of life and a shocking tragedy for his family.  

it is tragic, but it does go to show that natural selection is still a happening thing.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@*pepe wrote:

it is tragic, but it does go to show that natural selection is still a happening thing.

Takes going out with a bang to the extreme

Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light.
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply