another unarmed black man murdered

By a white police officer.
This time implicated by his own camera.
Message 1 of 75
Latest reply
74 REPLIES 74

They tacked a second charge on if the murder charge fails. Something along the lines of manslaughter.

I would have started with something like manslaughter, then went to wrongfull death if that failed. You watch, that officer is going to walk. They won't get him on any of those charges. Even the wrongfull death would be a stretch, remember this is a cop doing his duty. That's how the jury will see it. 

Message 71 of 75
Latest reply

I think he'll walk too. I think it was an accident, why else would he do it? Anger? I'm sure he was a whole lot angrier in other situations. There's no motivation. But he'll no longer have a job as cop and he'll have to live with the fact he killed a person.

It'll be years before his side of story comes out. If he fights it, which he should. Most likely he won't testify, which means his side wouldn't be public till after the trial. << That is all just my opinions.

Message 72 of 75
Latest reply

I think he'll walk too. I think it was an accident, why else would he do it? Anger? I'm sure he was a whole lot angrier in other situations. There's no motivation. But he'll no longer have a job as cop and he'll have to live with the fact he killed a person.

The way the man was acting would have put me on edge as well. The officer didn't seem angry, but rather very nervious and alittle worried. It's just all happened so fast in the video, hard to tell. Was the man trying to drive off before he was shot?, or was he freaked out from being shot and wanted to get away from a man trying to kill him?

Also, I don't think the cop will lose too much sleep over shooting him, they are trained to face that possibility. He will have paid councling, paid leave, compensation for going through the trial, maybe he will write a book. After the trial, he will likely be a celeberity. Well known by many. Admired by some, hated by others, many will see him as the victim here.

Message 73 of 75
Latest reply

@j*oono wrote:

A cop should never pull a gun over a traffic infringement.  Period.

watch the video closely in slow mo.

he didn't pull a gun because of a traffic

infringement. 

the cop appeared close to the ground before

he used the gun so his defence lawyer could

be right in saying the cop was afraid of being

run over.  

when a cop pulls you over,  you need to 

cooperate, don't try to drive off -  that's when

the situation can escalate and people get

hurt. 

Message 74 of 75
Latest reply

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

I've seen enough to know that when a person of any colour that can't produce ID they are hiding something. Either drugs in the car, weapons, or an arrest warrant....as in this case.

Is it compulsory in USA to carry ID at all times when driving a car? I can think of many times when I have been on short hops - ferrying kids to and from from school etc - and would not have been able to produce ID if pulled over.

in nsw, not carrying a driver's licence

while driving is finable offence.

probably the same in most states.

Message 75 of 75
Latest reply