Message 1 of 75
Latest reply
74 REPLIES 74

another unarmed black man murdered

Gun happy Americans ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 11 of 75
Latest reply

Yes it is stupid that he was shot in the head, so says Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters.

He also says that DeBose did nothing violent towards the officer.  He says that this does not happen in America, but it did.

He also says that the police officer was not dragged or knocked down by the car.  He just fell backwards when he shot the guy in the head.

Joono
Message 12 of 75
Latest reply

@*pepe wrote:

@jimmy*part3 wrote:

To say he was shot in the head for not having a licence is plain stupid.

not as stupid as actually shooting him in the head for not having his licence on him....

Not as stupid as driving with an open bottle, no licence, no tag, then fight a cop and expect to just drive off. His fault.

Message 13 of 75
Latest reply

@j*oono wrote:

Yes it is stupid that he was shot in the head, so says Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters.

He also says that DeBose did nothing violent towards the officer.  He says that this does not happen in America, but it did.

He also says that the police officer was not dragged or knocked down by the car.  He just fell backwards when he shot the guy in the head.

Fact is people need to listen when a cop says step out of the car. It's that simple and there should be no discussion after that. All that does is make more people think they can disobey a cops order. Right, lets make it easy for criminals.

Me, I carry my ID and make sure I'm legal and if a cop pulls me over...I comply. No problems period.

Message 14 of 75
Latest reply

@jimmy*part3 wrote:

@j*oono wrote:

Fact is people need to listen when a cop says step out of the car. It's that simple and there should be no discussion after that. All that does is make more people think they can disobey a cops order. Right, lets make it easy for criminals.

Me, I carry my ID and make sure I'm legal and if a cop pulls me over...I comply. No problems period.

disobedience is not punishable by death.

cops are not there to dish out punishment - its time they learned that and people like you who justify these murders are part of the problem.

Message 15 of 75
Latest reply

@*pepe wrote:

@jimmy*part3 wrote:

@j*oono wrote:

cops are not there to dish out punishment - its time they learned that and people like you who justify these murders are part of the problem.

Back to that again? It took all of one second to escalate. Did he intentionally shot the guy in the head? It might have went off in the struggle or when he slipped. So. He shouldn't have fought the officer. In what world can you fight with a cop and drive off?

So far, my opinion...it went off when he slipped. But again...why wouldn't the guy step out of the car? Because he didn't feel like it. Usually when someone can't produce ID is when they have a warrant.

So no death penality. He was killed fighting a cop.

Message 16 of 75
Latest reply

This is a bit long but it's interesting listening to a few minutes of it and to read the comments.  There are plenty of people with the same attitude as Jimmy and some otherwise.

It's the county prosecutor discussing the case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrSfVk-tqug

Joono
Message 17 of 75
Latest reply

there was no need for the cop to even draw his gun let alone fire it, his life was not threatened in any way, in fact it is stated that if he was at risk of harm it was because he reached into the car, something they are trained NOT to do because it not only puts them at risk of injury but escalates the need for force.

nobody is saying the driver didn't do the wrong thing, just saying he did not deserve to be murdered for it.

Message 18 of 75
Latest reply

@jimmy*part3 wrote:

Do you mean the one with the driver who couldn't produce a licence, or any ID at all? The one where the guy mumbled and double talked? The one with the guy driving without a licence tag on his car? The one where the guy decided he had enough and struggled with the officer and decided he was just going to leave?

Yeah, my heart's breaking.

Are any of those capital offences?

Message 19 of 75
Latest reply

@jimmy*part3 wrote:

@*pepe wrote:

@jimmy*part3 wrote:

@j*oono wrote:

Back to that again? It took all of one second to escalate. Did he intentionally shot the guy in the head? It might have went off in the struggle or when he slipped. So. He shouldn't have fought the officer. In what world can you fight with a cop and drive off?

So far, my opinion...it went off when he slipped. But again...why wouldn't the guy step out of the car? Because he didn't feel like it. Usually when someone can't produce ID is when they have a warrant.

So no death penality. He was killed fighting a cop.

I must be looking at this from another planet- you write 'he was killed fighting a cop' when did he fight the cop? 

Why did the policeman even have his gun out? 

I would have thought disobedience to be a misdemeanour? 

Message 20 of 75
Latest reply