anyone else have a barking dog next door?

I have lived in our home here for nearly 30 yrs.  Never had dog problems:-(  The last 18 months has been TERRIBLE.

2 doors down had  a dog that has left me that anxious that barked hours and hours until its voicebox squeaked.  Owner said to council i dont care im not home to hear it.  All us neighbours were about to take him to court and thank goodness he sold the house and left. Council  is hopeless they do nothing he got 5 fines and didnt pay.   2 WEEKS later metres from our house at the back new neighbours moved in with a dam other new dog and then the next WEEK neighbours behind us even closer about 7 metres from their house to ours got a new puppy let it bark at the back at their back door.  Thought it was quiet the dog has gone and last week that neighbour had a english bulldog which i never heard.  THe other neighbours behind us moved as the  house went for sale. It WAS SO QUIET for 2 months i would sit outside and just relax thinking how relaxing it was to just have quiet.

WELL these eldery couple has just got a new DAM PUPPY she lets it out early in the morning and lets it yappy yap yap 3 barks a second right near our bedroom window.  I drove around and shes home i saw her come to the window.  WHY WOULD YOU LET A DAM DOG metres around other homes just let it yap for ages.  Its under the verandah so it just echoes right through our home.  Im back again closing the sliding doors, windows and putting the tv on and i still can hear that dam mutt of a dog.

Rang the council yet again and they are hopeless.  We have just finished extending and our home is pretty large now everything is done and i dont want to move but my nerves cant take it:-(

AND the other  neighbours right behind us on our double storey i heard some crying and they have a new BLUE HEELER dog.  The council told me they need to be walked 15 kms a day.  Their back yard is tiny and right near our back family room and bedroom.

Im about to write these other neighbours a letter but HONESTLY common sense why move into a new neighbourhood and just ignore its yapping so dam rude!!!

sorry just need to vent.  I have a golden and we have taught him from day one not to bark and the other neighbour thought he was gone as he never hears our dog.

Message 1 of 74
Latest reply
73 REPLIES 73

thats true if you start your lawnmower or something early in the morning or late at night.  But a dog will bark and bark and noone cares.  These nuts know our bedroom is right there and still let it out really early again the other morning.  I was up most the night, my little one normally can sleep through anything but.... she woke up straight away with the dam dog.  We got quoted 4 grand to get our windows sound proof but why should i dam pay that much when she cant train her dog to shut up.  Even when shes home she lets it yap.  Ive never been this down im over it all.  Told hubby next house is going to have a few acres NEVER will i live this close to neighbours anymore.

I know what you mean any other sounds i can sleep through.  We are right near a expressway, kids playing in next house but nothing else bothers me.  Its weird how a dog bark can make you so angry!!!

Message 71 of 74
Latest reply

they do have a pergola but it would still be freezing as the wind rips through.  I would move but.. we have just finished putting a huge extension on spent a fortune.  Ive lived here since 1988, raised my kids here so many memories.  Im so happy with our home its so much bigger.  Im kicking myself i designed to have our bedroom looking over the back yard neighbours now as sounds travels upwards and straight and it just hits right through our room and big family room windows on the bottom.  We have some barking dogs across the road but i dont hear it as bad so its fine plus... the lady across the road is actually doing something about her dog and its much better.  This girl behind us only came around to us neighbours as she had a complaint from the council in her letterbox. otherwise she would of never bothered.  I would NEVER move into a neighbourhood and just let my dog just bark and bark for upto 2 hours at a time its just plain stupid and rude!!

Message 72 of 74
Latest reply

My neighbours have a visiting dog who had the audacity to bark at me because I walked outside 😂
Max looked at the fog and retreated to his mat
Message 73 of 74
Latest reply

My neighbours are often dog sitting for friends. Their dog already barks at anything that moves, or doesn't. The visiting dogs are always barkers because they're shoved outside in the cold and are in a strange place. There was one there for the last 2 days that drove us nuts, but I think it's gone home now. Either that, or it's escaped with the resident dog and is roaming the streets (I told them at 4pm the dog was out. I heard them outside just after 7 calling it. I went out the front not long ago to put something in the bin and it's still running up and down the street, so they obviously gave up calling after a couple of goes. If it stays out all night it will end up getting hit by a car).

Message 74 of 74
Latest reply