Community Spirit
Show your community spirit! Talk with fellow members about non eBay related topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Recycling of plastic at Coles

This is probably old news for you but I only just found out about it from a Coles staff member. Did you know that you can take all of your soft plastic bags to Coles and they are recycled into outdoor furniture for schools?So many of the plastics tha...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 36 replies
  • 4 Helpful

Robots Go After Starfish

An autonomous starfish-killing robot is close to being ready for trials on the Great Barrier Reef, researchers say.Crown-of-thorns starfish have have been described as a significant threat to coral. The Cotsbot robot, which has a vision system, is de...

Quick question

Can anyone please suggest any news and current affairs discussion forums for my husband. He just got an ipad and now he wants to blog (apparently) and have intelligent conversations.

Blue wrens.

It's Spring and a pair of blue wrens have started visiting the garden.The male is bright blue and black, the female's a dull brown, and if I wasn't looking, I couldn't tell them apart from their near constant high pitched chatter.It's nice to see the...

• 3 replies
  • 1 Helpful

Resolved! Melbourne people please

I'm due to visit Melbourne next week together with my sister and our elderly mother. We are staying in the CBD (near QVM) and hoping to use the free tram network to get around in the city.How much effect do you think the current industrial action mig...

Shorten Has Angels On Side

Opposition Leader Bill Shorten has explained his support for union opposition to elements of the China FTA. Bill Shorten says he is “on the side of the angels” in supporting a union-led campaign against aspects of the China-Australia Free Trade Agree...

• 3 replies
  • 1 Helpful

Happy Birthday Confucius

Confucius was born this month!You know. The wise little guy who came up with such gems as, "He who learns but does not think is lost! He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger". HAPPY BIRTHDAY CONFUCIUS!I'm sure he's happy to be remembered....

• 3 replies
  • 1 Helpful

The Voice of Islam - Is it Terror Related ?

Once again we hear of another incident in France, involving an individual of the islamic faith. Disturbing as this must be to those who were involved, Passengers, Train Employees, Police/Military, and the three very brave "rescuers", there are some w...