how Channel 7 cadet was dismissed soon after making harassment complaint

Audio recording reveals how Channel 7 cadet was dismissed soon after making harassment complaint

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-25/recording-reveals-how-channel-7-cadet-was-dismissed/8984428

Yep, thats how you deal with an internal complaint, kick the complainant out of the building ASAP!

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

HR Manager should lose their job....hefty payout for cadet??
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

sounded like the woman doing the sacking wasnt even professional enough to be in the same room with the girl she was sacking.

i'm hoping Karma comes a calling at the 7 network.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Channel 7 cadet: What are your rights if you make an HR complaint at work?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-26/what-are-your-legal-rights-if-you-make-a-hr-complaint-at-work/...

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

something the girl should have done when getting her bag to leave, dropped its contents on the floor by her computer then whist picking up her stuff, pulled the plug out of the wall to cut the power to her computer....acidentally of course.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

struth!!

Look out Chanel 7... you in big trouble now!!

That was the most disgusting handling of a complaint ive heard yet.
AND... she is allowed to have a support person in a review meeting, which that was!
Also, part of the anti-discrimination Act in accordance with the section regarding any workplace grievance policy, says that an employee has the right to make a complaint or grievance with out fear of retribution!

Perhaps someone should tell Chanel 7 HR this.

This young cadet is on a winner here...although, if she wasnt employed for 6mth +, she wont be able to claim unfair dismissal... but sacked due to retribution HELL YES!

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

proves we have a way to go with anti bully laws in this country when they can force non disclosure clauses on wronged employees.

come on channel 7, lets have the whole story and let her tell her side free from threats.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

proves we have a way to go with anti bully laws in this country when they can force non disclosure clauses on wronged employees.

come on channel 7, lets have the whole story and let her tell her side free from threats.

hey David.... I wonder if chanel 7 will read your request Man LOL Man LOL Man LOL

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

of course they will, they read everything on this forum, its where i post all the good news.....Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Channel 7 faces backlash over story of cadet journalist Amy Taeuber

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-26/seven-faces-backlash-over-story-of-cadet-journalist-amy-taeube...

Just try to defend this, all you do is make yourself look worse channel 7!

YES, i know your reading my thread!

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply