iPhone 3GS 32GB questions

I have been offered one for $150 but have never used one.  

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to copy mp3s from my pc to the phone and use them as ringtones?  

And can I then set specific songs to use as a ringtone for a specific person?

Does anyone have anything particularly good or bad to say about the 3GS?

Cheers

Yellow

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Yes, I used to be able to set specific songs for a specific person's ringtone. Not sure about the mp3 thing though - ya just got too techy for me LOL - but they were imported songs from another source - not the ones that came with it iykwim

But a 3GS is pretty old technology and $150 seems a lot of money for something like a phone. I'd be thinking of who the previous owner was and how they looked after it - ie - did it get dropped very often etc?

I had one - and yep, it was brilliant - but it kinda died after about 2 years - but mine was in constant use and I did drop it from time to time...

One of my mates has one though, and his is still going strong - but I know they have a few problems purchasing accessories for it now such as cases etc.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks Crikey.  It is my DIL who is selling the phone and it would have been well looked after.  I recently marinated my old Motorola in crayfish juice and am looking for something more modern.  I somehow think I'll have to buy songs from itunes and use them as ringtones.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

There are a heap of free apps you can download for ringtones - my kids just told me that's where mine came from -

Mine weren't songs though - more jingles - but maybe there are ones with songs?

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks Crikey.  It is my DIL who is selling the phone and it would have been well looked after.  I recently marinated my old Motorola in crayfish juice and am looking for something more modern.  I somehow think I'll have to buy songs from itunes and use them as ringtones.

If you get the phone try dropbox for music.

It's so easy.

Set up account and install on iphone and comp (might need to get dropbox from app store for phone)

drop music into dropbox folder and it will upload then sync with iphone which will download them.

Dropbox is way easier to use than iTunes and icloud for some reason.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

freaky - can you explain that again - but say it more slowly?

I've got dropbox and icloud (iphone 4S) but I got no idea what to do with either of em - LOL

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Dropbox is cloud storage that is easy to sync

I find it's easier than icloud

You need to set up an account with drop box dot com and load dropbox onto comp.

Get and app if you don't already.

Sign into drop box on all devices.

then use the dropbox folder for shifting around music and photos.

You can drag and drop into dropbox folder and files will upload then be available for all devices.

You can set it up so that all photos or music go there for back up and sharing.

I use it to access file from different computers.

For example when I take a phone photo it uploads to dropbox and I can access it from or sync it to all the devices with dropbox installed.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

i dont have an iphone but i have an ipod, which is the same without the ability to make calls.

You cant take songs off your pc and put them on your iphone. You have to set up an itunes the iphone

photo walkingdeadtag_zpsbaca2fdd.jpg
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

i havent heard of dropbox freaki.

I will look into that.

Thanks

photo walkingdeadtag_zpsbaca2fdd.jpg
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

yellowmazda- that is a good price for the phone :0