learning to drive

esayaf
Community Member
Why do successive state governments continue to ignore the blatantly obvious fact that while parents with.poor driving skills continue to "educate" their children on how to drive.
Any other position held by a person that teaches someone how to do something requires a formal qualification.
Then to cap it off the testing to achieve one's licence is way too inadequate.
Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

learning to drive

I think it is very much a case of learning good habits from watching your parents drive. If they are good, more chance the kids are. Maybe it should be mandatory to finish off with a professional instructor prior to the test.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

learning to drive

What are you on about formal qualifications?

A parent wouldn't have a license if they didn't pass the qualifying drivers test now would they.

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

learning to drive

They do have one last driving lesson before a test all my kids did.

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

learning to drive

I didn't have to. Neither did my nephew (just done the P plate test). Good your kids did, I think it would pick up anything lacking.

Was it mandatory for your kids or did you just make sure they did?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

learning to drive

The instructor advises the learner to have that one last lesson just before a test just to have all that needs to be done in a driving test still fresh in the kids memory.

I wish I had it back in my day as I can't remember what I did 5 minutes ago haha.

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

learning to drive

OK. That's a professional's tip. I remember being shown how to parallel park for the test. I had to do that first. If you failed that, you didn't get out on the road.

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

learning to drive

I remember I think that I had to do a hill start and if I rolled back to far or hit the gutter I didn't get to drive any further haha

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

learning to drive

When I was in high school in the U.S., we had a school-sponsored drivers' training........2 or 3 instructors.  Not that I participated, mind you............

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

learning to drive

Here it's offered by some schools, but it's like tennis lessons or something...extras. Mostly up to the parents. 

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply