new kitchen what benches

Designing my kitchen and although I love stone I'm seriously considering laminex benchtops.

Anybody used freeform for square form in the last couple of years? Can you post a pic?
Message 1 of 50
Latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

new kitchen what benches

I have laminex but after 4 years know it wont last as long as the last laminex tops I had for over 20 years that still looked like new.

If I could work out how to insert a pic I would ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 2 of 50
Latest reply

new kitchen what benches

I have new stone benches and wouldn't change them BUT if You have to have laminex don't be tempted by the textured ones, they wear very quickly!
Message 3 of 50
Latest reply

new kitchen what benches

i think i am one of the few people that can't stand granite.  i like butcher block timber benchtops myself, I also like polished concrete and stainless steel.  

Such is life.
Message 4 of 50
Latest reply

new kitchen what benches

@mugssy65 wrote:
I have new stone benches and wouldn't change them BUT if You have to have laminex don't be tempted by the textured ones, they wear very quickly!

Now  see my old ones were the leather look laminex ones and showed no signs of wear, where as these new ones are not textured and already show signs of wear ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 5 of 50
Latest reply

new kitchen what benches

I've had laminate bench tops for 13 years now and it still looks look, what I would get next is that stuff that looks like stone but not as expensive.
Message 6 of 50
Latest reply

new kitchen what benches

Twinks mine were the dotty ones that were stone look, the dots wore down from sliding things on and off.
Message 7 of 50
Latest reply

new kitchen what benches

@mugssy65 wrote:
Twinks mine were the dotty ones that were stone look, the dots wore down from sliding things on and off.

Oh yes I remember those! The leather grain really did wear well compared then.

Message 8 of 50
Latest reply

new kitchen what benches

I have butcher block timber benchtops and love them. They need a light sanding back and re-oiling every few years.

โ€œIโ€™ve got my purse and my gift and my gloves and my selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor and my monoamine oxidase inhibitor and I have my anti-anxiety disco biscuits and I am ready to go. I am really ready!โ€ Sheila
Message 9 of 50
Latest reply

new kitchen what benches

i would probably opt for wood. if it gets too scruffy you can sand it down (and paint it).

granite is very expensive, and if i bought it would make sure the furniture underneath is NOT made of chipboard.

Message 10 of 50
Latest reply