"Your wedding day is the happiest day of your life"

Why do people say that? Is it true? How much did you spend on it, Worth it?

Can you think of another day that was happier?

GO

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

The happiest day of my life wasn't my wedding day....or any other major event that took place when I was an adult.

It was when I was 11 and I received a totally unexpected parcel from the UK.  I'd written to my favourite comic and got a reply that far exceeded anything I could ever have expected.  It caused a bit of excitement for the rest of the family too.  Best day ever. Heart

Nothing has or ever will top it.

Message 2 of 32
Latest reply

same here, mine was the day i got a reply to my fan letter from JAMES BROWN!! sure, it was a form letter with a printed autograph, but i didn't know that then. i still have it. 🙂

Message 3 of 32
Latest reply

we love to get marry for love and care
Message 4 of 32
Latest reply

@the_bob_delusion wrote:

Why do people say that?

No idea.

Is it true?

No idea.

How much did you spend on it, Worth it?

Very little - indeed it was - a gathering of 8.

Can you think of another day that was happier?

Oh so many - so very many. 

GO

Message 5 of 32
Latest reply

I'd be hard pressed to pick one 'happiest' day, but if we are talking of days seared in memory, birth of children has to be up there.

Not sure what my wedding cost as my parents paid for most of it but looking back, I can see enormous differences in weddings these days. I looked at one venue with my mum, we booked it and that was that. I never even thought about what centrepiece was going in the middle of the table (bud vases, from the photos I have). People these days stress over this and one bride I know of spent $800 on her own centrepieces as nothing the venue had came up to scratch, apparently.

I hired 2 taxis that came with special ribbon and I think they were $25 each. These days, they pay thousands for the car.

I could go on. People these days pay a fortune for photography, videos, make up etc

Is it worth it? Within reason, if it is what you want to spend your money on.

Message 6 of 32
Latest reply

Actually - this question is as interesting as shaving your legs. lol

Message 7 of 32
Latest reply

There were 10 people at my wedding: me and Mr Elephant, 6 guests, the priest and a rather surprised old lady who had just popped into the church that evening to say her rosary. Afterwards we went back to the home of the best man's parents, had a glass of bubbly and ate sandwiches and an icecream cake.

56 years, 6 kids and  many grandchildren and great grandchildren later, we are still happily together - which has prompted Mr Elephant to coin the following maxim: 

"The length of a marriage is inversely proportional to the amount spent on the wedding."

Message 8 of 32
Latest reply

@www.goodon_24 wrote:
we love to get marry for love and care

....or it seemed like a good idea at the time. Smiley Embarassed

Message 9 of 32
Latest reply

I am with Springy, the birth of my children, nothing else comes close for me.

Like ele, it was another time when I got married, so much simpler, and dare I say, a hell of a lot less stressful

Message 10 of 32
Latest reply