Digital TV Problem

Hi,

All of a sudden my DTV has stopped working and a message Database Empty comes up.

Now I have tried to reset to default settings but still no channels are showing,it's out of warranty so manufacturer won't help.

So are there any techs out there who may know how to go about repairing this problem or should I just buy another TV?

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Digital TV Problem

No it's just a soniq,this is the first time its happened and I have no answers on how to fix it,and it's a cheap TV from JB HIFI and not worth paying someone to fix.

Connected all other TVs to the cables to test out and they all worked so it has to be something internal with this TV sojust going to buy a different TV perhaps a better brand name one lol.

Thanks for everyones help

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Digital TV Problem

go-tazz
Community Member

Have you checked all the cables,(none loose and connections solid?)

It shouldn't be the set,(it just means it's not picking up the channels).

Have you tried re-tuning it via the menu?

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Digital TV Problem

Yes checked all cables and tried retuning via the menu but it still comes up as database empty.

It's like the TV hasn't even been programmed, just weird all of a sudden it lost all the channels.

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Digital TV Problem

have you tried re-setting to manufactures defaults?

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Digital TV Problem

Possibly a break in the antenna cable at a junction box or where it attaches to the aerial?,(eg: corrosion if it's

been there for a while or if you lived near the sea).

It is weird that you can access the menu but not the channels.

Is it set to digital and hasn't changed to analogue?,(that would explain no channels?),Who knows.gif

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Digital TV Problem

Is that the same as setting the database to default because I tried that and at the end it says OK but then goes back to database empty.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Digital TV Problem

Still set to digital and I do live near the ocean and I have checked all cables and splitters and all seem fine but we did have a massive hail storm last week so I'm not too sure if that could have damaged the antenna outside perhaps?

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Digital TV Problem

@collect247 wrote:

Still set to digital and I do live near the ocean and I have checked all cables and splitters and all seem fine but we did have a massive hail storm last week so I'm not too sure if that could have damaged the antenna outside perhaps?

Hail is moisture so it could have impacted maybe,(some hail stones can hit with a bit of force and damage things).

I'm out of ideas so your answer may be in here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=dtv+database+empty&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=dtv+database+empty+australia

Good luck with it,good.gif

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Digital TV Problem

Looks like a new TV might be on the cards,there are 3 in the house and this is the only one that won't work,could be an internal issue.

So will pinch the kids TV for now and it won't be pretty with all the verbals I will receive haha.

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Digital TV Problem

Thanks for the help though

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply