HELP PLEASE - how do I remove: 'mystartsearch, cinema plus and webssearches?

Hi all,

I have the above three 'programs' on my computer and no matter what I do and have done, I just can't get rid of them.

I know they came with another program and are malware but I can't get rid of them. I tried to download Corel fonts and I think they were somehow attached to that website.

Please help me.

Thanks,

Di

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

cq_tech
Community Member
Malwarebytes is one of the best programs for getting rid of malware such as the ones you mention. Get it from here...

https://www.malwarebytes.org/?gclid=Cj0KEQiAu_GmBRDhtK-kzqKcuJwBEiQAJvB8n3khch_ahTMwe48jWIrkctl1beEP...
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

cq_tech,

I have spent $25 of the best dollars ever and purchased IOBIT Malware fighter - cleaned the whole computer in a few minutes.

I have used this company before and am might glad to add this to my orther protection programs.

Wont be trying to download any extra fonts for Corel Draw because that's where they came from. About 12 'bits' in all.

Thanks for your response, very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Di

PS: Will be checking everything twice from now on before downloading anything and only after someone has recommended it.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I'm glad to hear your problem is solved, Di. An annoying trend I've noticed over the last year or so is the tendency for several program updates to be applied by third-party installers, and these often include a number of additional unwanted adware or malware programs, some of which can be disabled during installation if you happen to see the check box to turn them off, but if you don't, they can be rather difficult to remove.

The reason I use Malwarebytes is because the retail version has a function called 'chameleon', and this actually exits windows and runs in a protected DOS session while it does its thing, and it has never failed to remove even the most stubborn of malware apps which the free version can't. However, as your IOBIT safely removed all of your malware, I see no need for you to migrate to Malwarebytes at this time.

Incidentally, going directly to the manufacturer's web site is no longer a guarantee that the software you DL won't be infected with malware so it clearly pays to keep one's wits about them.

Cheers, Bill.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

True cq_tech, and even the once-venerable open source SourceForge is now bundling malware with its downloads, heaven forbid.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

A hell of a lot of updates and utilities are bundled with optional malware these days and unless you read the small print and tick the tiny box which prevents them from being installed, it takes forever to get your PC back to its prior state. Even some once-reputable companies are doing it and even System Restore doesn't work on several of them. 😞
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply