How Do l Save a Screen Shot from a YouTube Video ?

l have a friend who has made a youtube music video clip in the USA, l would like to just have a saved JPG screen shot or file of it, but do not know how to do it, please. A simple right clip of my mouse does nothing to help me. If l could have the 15 second file saved as an attatchment, that would be gr8t.  If not, then just a screen shot JPG, would be better than nothing, which is what l have now. If any can help me, Thank You, l am a aged pensioner.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you cq-tech, it is working a charm. kudo 2 u.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Forgot to mention that l am using Firefox, thank you.
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

If you're happy enough with a still shot, then either grab the Firefox add-on called Nimbus Screenshot which will allow you to do exactly what you wish. Or you can pause the you-tube clip at an appropriate point and simply use shift-printscreen to copy the image into Paint via the clipboard and crop it to size before posting or attaching it.

Alternately, you can embed the entire video clip into your social networking app of choice by clicking on 'share' in you-tube and copying the provided code. Naturally there's a bit more to it than that but they're the basics to let you know it can easily be done without having to download any additional files or apps to do it.
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Thank you cq-tech, it is working a charm. kudo 2 u.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Glad to hear it, and thanks for letting me know. 🙂
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply