Seller & eBay cant help with return of Mobile

lowej-36
Community Member

After 5 mths I am getting nowhere to return a mobile phone I purchased in June. The battery being the problem.

I have been in contact several times with the seller but they state they do not have me on record for purchase of the phone.  My Insurance ran out by this time, email after email replies were obviously not by people who could speak correct english and I had to repeatedly send the same information time and time and time again.  I notified eBay but they could not help as it was over a month since date of purchase.

I could not leave feedback on the mobile as also over a month since purchase.

I cannot open a request for help as the complaints and the request for help pages kept going to recent purchases not the Mobile Phone.

Now my Gmail account will not send my emails anymore from my GMail account as its been refused.

I send another email again from ebay with same response from the Seller "Send transaction, we look for you".

The receipt seems to come from Switzerland not China as where it was sent from or where the store appears to be.

Anyone know what to do next. Im out $136 and thats a lot for a pensioner. 

EBay said to contact the Seller as they couldnt help.  I think this is not good for buyers. 30days is just not enough when one has family issues to deal with during COVID.

My mother was suddendly diagnosed as terminally ill so I just bought another cheap phone while away. After that and Quarantine the 30 days was up.  

I googled MANYIMAOYIY as it was on my Bank Statement. It appears they are scammers. The bank can do nothing. 

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I am sorry to hear you bought from a dodgey seller registered in China

Their feedback shows they are far from a good seller

But the good news is that that phone you bought from them was sent back before it burned down the house or killed someone

PLEASE do not buy such things from China, they are dangerous 

Cheap, knock off brands that are nowhere near Australian safety standards and a catastrophe waiting to happen

There are time limits as you know for eBay to do anything 

I am not sure what use feedback would do, as you ignored the feedback other people have been leaving when you bought from them

The seller was never going to be helpful

30 days is long enough if you follow the basic rules,

Or if you check feedback before buying

Or pay with PayPal

But that is an aside here

Losing $136 is a lot for many people, there was far far more to lose by buying a phone from China 

major supermarkets sell sell for less than half the price, plus they have a warranty, Are the real brand and meet our safety standards

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Thankyou for your reply.  I did check the feedback and they seem ok as far as that goes.  I havent sent the phone back as I couldnt find the package it came in.   Its odd that the order receipt tho is from Switzerland but dont know if its appropriate to attach it here.

I dont know if anyone else has had these cheap phones before and had the receipt from Switzerland but phone coming from China. 

And the Store I bought it from is still selling on ebay.

But thankyou for your input.

Regards

Lori

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply