unexplained full hard drive

Hi, Ineed all you tech heads out there to please help me i have 1.21 gb programs installed on my computers hard drive and i have only got 5.16gb free out of 456gb and i cannot find out what is taking up so much room. I have tried compressing the files to no avail. but i have recently got on from adsl to the nbn as that might have something  to do with it but  im no sure, or my pc could have a virus.so your advive would be greatly appreciated THANKING YOU ALL IN ADVANCE.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

go-tazz
Community Member

Empty your Recycle bin,clear your cookies and cache,(that will get rid of all your junk files which may be taking

up a bit of space if you haven't cleared those in a while).

Just have your passwords handy as you'll need to log back into sites afterwards.

Putting an add blocker in place will also stop most of the adds.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

i downloaded a free program called spacesniffer a while ago that solved this problem for me. awesome, showed me what files were hogging all my diskspace - turned out to be log dumps from an online game. u probably want to be careful where you download from to avoid adware and stuff. sorry, dont remember where i got it.

edit - doh sorry was meant to reply to OP and now can't see how to delete.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

fa1r1e
Community Member
i downloaded a free program called spacesniffer a while ago that solved this problem for me. awesome, showed me what files were hogging all my diskspace - turned out to be log dumps from an online game. u probably want to be careful where you download from to avoid adware and stuff. sorry, dont remember where i got it.
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

ca04
Community Member
Don't let it near the drinks cabinet ? ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply