My new ebay account has been permanently restricted - why??

Hi eBay community,

I have just opened an eBay account. After I listed my first item I was asked to verify my account. Whilst I was in the process of doing that I received an email from eBay advising that my account had been temporarily restricted and to contact them to answer some questions in order to get my account back up and running. I did this immediately but was told my account is permanently restricted and they won't tell me why. I haven't even had a chance to do anything wrong yet as my account is only brand new so I am at a complete loss as to what has gone wrong. Each time I try to get further information, the "customer service" team keep sending the same copy/paste responses saying that they are not at liberty to tell me why my account has been restricted and that I am unable to appeal the decision before unceremoniously ending the chat. Can someone shed any light and perhaps point me in the direction of how I can have this fixed? As mentioned, I have only just opened my account so I am really super confused about why this has happened. Thank you!

View Entire Topic

That is weird. What about opening up a new bank account and then opening up another EBay account under a new user name. If that doesn’t work maybe your name and birthdate have been black listed if you have done something fraudulent before, not saying you have but someone may have used your details before and done something fraudulent