how do I keep my feedback info private so people cant see details of what I buy and sell?

how do I keep my feedback info private so people cant see details of what I buy and sell?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

You cant sell if you have private feedback, that is for the safety of all members, people need to see who they are buying from and that you are reputable.

You can make your listing private, so that less details are available, but any-one who wants to know, will be able to find out what you have sold.

As far as buying goes, you can set up another id just to purchase with, and make the feedback on that private. All you need is a seperate email address. Then use this id with the feedback history, as your selling id.

If you want to set ALL your feedback as private, you cannot sell on the same id.

You will need to open another account using a different email address, link your pay pal account so you can use it for all transactions. 

Then use that new id as a buying only account only so nobody can see what you are buying as you have you can set the feedback to private, like my id is.

Then just use your main id to sell, just click the box to make buyers purchases private when you create a listing, its on the first page, half way down somewhere.

However, if you do this and some people may think you are trying to hide something and be scared away as they think you are going to shill bid them.

Most people use the private feedback option for buyers when the listing contains items of a sensative nature etc. 

Some however do use it to hide the fact they are using other account to push up the price as it is hard to detect.