Hi there, Where is everyboy?

Hi to anybody who is reading this now.

this is John.

I was wondering what has happened to all the members

who used to post or reply to threads on the "Motors" board.

There has been very little on this board for a long time now.

It was always interesting and informative.

Regards,

John.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

eBay have made the Community areas of the site very hard to find; many members don't even know that this area exists.

Fewer people are interested in being part of the eBay community (in my view) because there's no longer the structure for that on eBay. eBay pits buyers against sellers, and sellers against buyers, by virtue of its policies and practices.

Also, social media has exploded and many people will be communicating on Facebook or Twitter or similar... or with fellow members of special interest forums.

The Australian eBay boards are still more animated than other eBay boards, so ... it's always possible that activity will increase once more.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

The Australian eBay boards are still more animated than other eBay boards, so ... it's always possible that activity will increase once more.

You mean this is as good as it gets on any of the ebay sites?

I don't think it will ever pick up enough to be anyway near as popular as it was a few years ago.

There was a time when I could come here anytime day or night and there was someone to chat to.

For Sydneysiders, you could be here until 3am chatting to WA members who were up till midnight.  From 3 or 4 am the early risers were here to take over.

The boards were buzzing 24/7......it was wonderful.

As a nightowl I was here late and my OH used to get up at 3am for an early morning run.....If I was awake I would look in here and there was usually someone to chat with.

It was rare for anyone to have to wait more than a few minutes for an answer to their question.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Hi Lyndal 1838,

yes, I agree, and I would do the same as you,

but not as late as you perhaps.

If anybody is interested in chatting,

I have interests in vintage and veteran cars and trucks and nissan patrols,

and have had some good advice on this board.

Regards,

John.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Wow,

there really is only us three here.

Naah,  I can't believe that,

so I will keep trying til somebody comes back to play.

Regards,

John.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply