is this a scam

Looks like she's still at the same old BS in 2022 

Hello,thank you for your enquiry and I'm sorry it's taken me so long to respond, but I've been very busy with my divorce for the last few days.

Well let me just jump right into it. I just got divorced and the 2012 Hyundai i30 was awarded to me in our divorce. I have a low price ($7,000) because I want to sell it before 15th September ideally. 

I have a deployment coming up and would prefer to have my mother who is taking care of my children, have the cash instead. 

Now, a few words about this 2012 Hyundai i30. It will come with Roadworthy Certificate and Rego so you don't have to do the running around Registration in WA.

In perfect working condition, with nothing mechanically wrong - like new! This 2012 Hyundai i30 is a fantastic car driven only at a low 75,639 km on the clock !!!

This 2012 Hyundai i30 has a clear ppsr showing no accident history, no stolen history. Transmission type: Automatic, petrol.

Owned by a non-smoking family with no pets, the interior always clean and tidy. 

If you decide to buy it, you'll receive all the papers, owner manual, keys, a buy-sell contract already signed by me and the clear title. 

I've attached 2012 Hyundai i30 photos showing the overall condition. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Royal Australian Air Force Ciara Harvey

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

is this a scam

It’s not a “she”.

It is a criminal group, almost certainly Eastern European (probably Romanian), and the best thing for anyone to do is - not to engage. At all.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

is this a scam

Of course it is a scam, and there are many threads here about it.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

is this a scam

$7k for a 10 year old i30 is NOT cheap. I had a 13 year old one and that was only worth <$5k

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

is this a scam

Poor thing - gets divorced every 6 months or so. lol

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

is this a scam

so glad i found this information - i just received emails saying she just got divorced, trying to sell me a Toyota Prado - exactly same wording as mentioned above. How can they still be getting away with trying to rip people off. 

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

is this a scam

@melthelegend666 wrote:

so glad i found this information - i just received emails saying she just got divorced, trying to sell me a Toyota Prado - exactly same wording as mentioned above. How can they still be getting away with trying to rip people off. 

Because there are still gullible people in the world.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

is this a scam

People choose to keep on 'buying' from this(these) scammers

Just have a look at (recent) posts here from people who paid x amount and want to know when they get the car

People who happily admit to contacting the scammer and wanting to make a deal

It is so widely posted about, not just on the forum but everywhere online this is a scam

And nobody every wants to say what part of it looks 'real' enough to think it is anything other than a scam

Did they just randomly email you out of the blue for no reason , or did you make contact with them first?

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

is this a scam

gjla-10
Community Member

omg lol I just received the same email because I inquired of this specific vehicle on fb marketplace. to good to be true. good thing I researched about it before sending the money haha

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

is this a scam

What part of the Facebook marketplace ad sounded remotely real?

The same scam has been going at least 14 years

Now the scammer has your email address, be prepared for a flood of scam spam from their scammer mates

Nothing funny about it 

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply