About shiping charges

Hello everyone, I am new on ebay and one things i am not being able to understand i.e, i see some items listed for $6,$7 etc with free postage but when i calculate only postage charge its around $10. How this adjustment works? 
Please someone explain this to me.
Thank you very much in advance.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

About shiping charges

If you give us the item numbers (RHS of the listing page) we can better advise you.

There's a lot of variables in listings.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

About shiping charges

for example, check this out 

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/264543756601?hash=item3d98096139:g:gzIAAOSw-GtdFxeR&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAA...

its $7.99 for one tshirt with free postage, where as only postage charges for this t **bleep**s is more then $9.
Hows it possible?
there are many items for less then $5 with free shipping.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

About shiping charges

Couriers like Aramex are much cheaper than Australia Post. They are most probably (almost certainly) using a courier. 

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

About shiping charges

As Papermoon said, they are more than likely using Aramex/Sendle , IF they are actually shipping from Australia.

Their feedback is terrible and suggests they are dropshipping cheap Chinese goods - as does the photos of their items.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

About shiping charges

First thing that struck me was the photos

Screams of stuff from China IMHO

So the bleep above (which I think was actually a typo of 'shirts') is most likely, really, actually spot on and they are very much T-bleeps 

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

About shiping charges

The Chinese government heavily subsidises shipping from China. The cost to the sellers still enables them to profit while flooding Australia with their poorly-made items.

I’m not in favour of buying such stuff and I wish other Australians would be more discriminating rather than going for the cheapest thing in the clear expectation of an amazing bargain.

The issue is much bigger than your question about “shiping” charges. If you are looking at such items as a comparison, albeit while commenting on the postage component, I suspect that the items you want to sell are similar in nature and quality, and I can only cry out, “No… no more cheap t-shirts probably fabricated with slave labour and dyed/treated with cheap carcinogenic dyes or softeners…”

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

About shiping charges

Hypothetically they could be sending as a letter. Under 2cm, which a properly folded T-Shirt would be, can be posted within Australia as a letter.

Not that that applies in this case.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply