Aus Post parcel fees too high - any advice on delivery costs?

zilvana
Community Member

Hi, I plan to get my own stocks and ship items myself, however, when I checked Aus Post's business parcel rates, I was surprised that its 8.95 aud for the stadard flat rate.  Because I will offer free postage (to be competitve), and my prices will just be on par with other sellers with the same item, there will be no profit left for me except 1 or 2 dollars.  

Can anyone give me  advice on how you send your parcels, and how to get discounted prices?

I will be shipping only small items but it can't be placed in normal letter envelopes. 

Thanks heaps!

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

What on earth does "Arrives in 2 Weeks Earliest*" that is displayed on all your listings mean?

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

You have to be dreaming when you say this, when the items are located in Shenzen :-

"Arrives in 2 weeks earliest, up to 3 weeks if there are delays. "

Expect plenty of INR disputes.................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Good heavens

100% chance of asking for trouble

In every way

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

OP's registered in Oz but apparently dropshipping from China, never a good idea but in these troubled times it's almost a death sentence.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

OP's registered in Oz but apparently dropshipping from China, never a good idea but in these troubled times it's almost a death sentence.

And Israel!!! I think their career will be short lived, especially when they are trying to send computer tables via large letter 😄

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply