Need help with verifying account

I recently sold my first item on ebay. Now it says that I have to verify my account using a drivers licence or passport but I do not have either. I only have a proof of age card. Is there any way I can use the proof of age card to verify?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Update: I was able to successfully verify by putting my proof of age card details in the drivers license field. I just had to put in a random expiry date because there isn't an expiry on proof of age cards here

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I imagine that you can but it will not be enough, you should have a medicare card and utility bills in your name and if you submit all those, that would be enough. Use the help link and chat to customer service about how to submit such

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Some states POA will work, some don't seem to.

If yours is in the same format as a Drivers Licence, try putting the number in the DL field. Some have reported that working, some not. As I said it seems to depend on where you live.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Ebay is once again waiting until the horse has bolted.

They should have ensured that you were signed up and verified for Managed Payments BEFORE letting you list. In all honesty, I'm not sure how you will be able to get your funds, but you're welcome to try the suggestions and I guess a few have managed to receive their payouts. Some have had to apply for a passport simply to fulfil this requirement though.

If you are unable to sign up, you will need to cancel the transaction, but make sure you use the reason "problem with buyers address" in order to avoid a defect. 

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

the problem with that is I need to type and expiry date but my proof of age card doesnt have one.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Please don't offer spurious suggestions. eBay don't accept Medicare cards, nor utility bills,

Maybe post with YOUR experience, rather than thought bubbles.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Invent one.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Listen pal, just because you spend your life on these boards does not qualify you as an eBay employee or customer service rep.

I wrote from experience rather than a "thought bubble" like most of your posts and added that medicare and utility in ADDITION to proof of Age should be acceptable

From eBay to me regarding verification of account a few years back:

-- A readable copy of the driver's license, front *and* back, or other government-issued ID.
-- A copy of a proof of address any billing statement will do. Your name and billing address should be visible.

And ultimately I advised the person to click the help link on how to submit such and to obtain the actual help they need.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

@e_purchasing wrote:

From eBay to me regarding verification of account a few years back:

-- A readable copy of the driver's license, front *and* back, or other government-issued ID.
-- A copy of a proof of address any billing statement will do. Your name and billing address should be visible.

Was that verification for Managed Payments on a selling account ?  If not then what you have suggested will most likely not be sufficient proof of identity for that purpose.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

eBay CS do not know bee from bull's foot about using or selling on eBay

They read from a prompt screen, using the closet script to the question that they were asked 

What eBay CS told you 'a few years back' has nothing to do what what is now, nor was it how things work with Managed Payments 

If you are going to slag off other members, like you often do, at least include current and factual information in your helpful responses 

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply