When buying more than 1 item how do i send seller a message for combined postage before paying it

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

When buying more than 1 item how do i send seller a message for combined postage before paying it

You should be emailing the seller about combined postage BEFORE committing to buy items off them. All you can do now is message them through the listing you've bought and let them know which other items you want to buy.

Note that "combined postage": does not necessarily mean cheaper postage, just that the items will be posted together.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Put them in your shopping basket (if you "commit to buy" or win an auction you should see them there anyway).

Then click the button to request a total from the seller.

If you can't see that button, just send them a message asking for an invoice.
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

A lot of us have 'immediate payment' enabled. I seem to, even though that box is definitely not listed in any of my listings.

If the items are in the cart and unpaid, and request an invoice doesn't work, I would suggest contacting the seller, getting them to set up a listing for what is required, buying that and deleting the cart contents.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Same here. I get around it (I can't seem to send an invoice anymore) by requesting the buyer to pay for everything.
I then refund the excess postage through paypal.
Drives me nuts but at least it seems to work!
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@the4masters2013 wrote:
Same here. I get around it (I can't seem to send an invoice anymore) by requesting the buyer to pay for everything.

The problem with that is you don't get refunded Paypal or eBay fees.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

@the4masters2013 wrote:

The problem with that is you don't get refunded Paypal or eBay fees.

Which is why eBay would've made it difficult for sellers to send an ivoice for various reasons so that they end

up making more money via those multiple items because buyers pay straight away and some have no idea how

the cart function works because it's forever giving them hassles.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply