Australia Post- questionable quality of service

It seems that for AP COVID still exists. Delivery time is still noticeably long and prices inflated.

Ebay Australia shows inflated delivery time in order to hide this situation so when leaving  feedback a buyer has to accept these ridiculous delivery times and click on   Delivered on time button. Is it right? NO.

I am keen to see comments and experiences of others in relation to this matter.

Has someone contacted AP or Ebay and raised this matter with them?

View Entire Topic

COVID-19 hasn’t magically vanished. What makes you think it has…? The lack of significant media coverage? The lack of daily government announcements? But in the meantime, people are still dying without the fanfare.

Victoria’s public health website concerning COVID states “COVID-19 continues to be part of our lives.​  Together, we can protect those most at risk of falling very sick.”

551 active cases (that are known) this past week in VIC alone, 99 of which are severe enough to require hospitalisation and six people in ICU. Two deaths on average every day. Just in Victoria.

If you think that this is not continuing to affect AP and other services Australia-wide and around the world, I hope that I’ve managed to explain it in a way that makes sense to you.

I haven’t found delivery timeframes to be so drawn out that it becomes ridiculous. I do consider it best for delivery estimations to err on the side of caution, though, because it’s much worse to overpromise a fast and unrealistic delivery date than to ignore logistical realities of common delays, COVID-driven or otherwise.

If you are finding delivery timeframes very blown out, have you checked that the goods are in fact coming from Australia? A longer-than-usual delivery time might mean just-in-time delivery from China …