Buyer in USA wants item posted to local Australian Address

I have a buyer who lives in the USA but wants items they just purchased to be posted to a local Australian Address.  They messaged me before the auction finished that this is what they wanted, and I agreed if Ebay & Paypal were happy for that then I was happy, and gave a quote for postage to the suburb in Australia.  I was careful to stipulate that in my message.

I sent her an invoice with the postage figure agreed, specified that it was for the local postage, and not to her ebay USA address, and that she should change her postal address to the local Australian address when paying through paypal.  She's just messaged me that paypal wont let her change her address to the Australian address, that its coming up with a message that I dont post to that location.

She sounds legit, and is asking me to help her work out how to do it.  Is it something I need to fix at my end, in either ebay or paypal or is it something she needs to do?  I dont want to go outside ebay or paypal, I'd rather cancel the transaction.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

View Entire Topic

Your buyer just needs to ADD another shipping address in her Paypal account. She doesn't remove her current address, just adds another one.

Go to My Profile by clicking on the  "gear" icon at top right (next to Log out)

Addresses are at top left, don't select Edit or Remove. Go to the + sign at top right of Addresses section. Click the + sign.

Add the Australian address, do not select Make this the primary address.

...... momma