I need to return an item but seller says he can't provide a 'postage label'

I am the buyer instructed to return an item at seller's cost, The seller says he can't do it but is also being as difficult as he can be anyway. Can I print a 'postage label' ? I don't understand it as it isn't a sale.

So, I have to pay for postage and get re-imbursed, how is that done? eBay is involved but difficult to contact quickly

This is in Australia if it makes any difference.

View Entire Topic

This happened to me recently, the seller refused to acknowledge his responsibility to pay. Even tho he agreed to accept the return (listed as "no returns") but didn't provide the voucher. So I refused to return it unless he obeyed the rules. I opened a case because I did get ripped off on postage before, the same way you describe. The item should be 'not as described' or you will have to pay postage if you simply changed your mind. The seller must supply the postage voucher to return it. In my recent experience, eBay found in my favour. I didn't have to return the item. Make sure you have photographic images if possible or describe the fault in detail especially any risks if you use the item. The process begins by contacting the seller stating why it needs to be returned, then state your case, after a short time of argee bargee, ask ebay to step in and settle it for you if seller doesn't provide the voucher.