Is eBay going to review its fees for eBay International Shipping to Australia? Wildly expensive.

eBay

Re: Exorbitant eBay International Shipping Fees when sending 1 x Shoe from the U.S. to Australia

I’ve had a leg amputated so I now try to purchase single shoe (not a pair) through eBay.

Yet the cost of getting a single shoe posted from the U.S. to Australia is wildly expensive.

It’s cheaper to get products from more distant countries in Europe or Scandinavia than from the U.S.A using eBay International Shipping as the freight provider. And Europe and Scandinavia don’t enjoy the same economy-of-scale on maritime shipping exports as the U.S.

As an example, I’m currently looking at the following single shoe(s) on eBay. I can purchase:

• 1 x men’s shoe from Georgia USA for US $11 (approximately AU $16.49). But shipping to Australia through eBay International Shipping is: US $51.94 (approx. AU $77.89).
  • 1 x men’s shoe in Tennessee USA for US $8.80 (Approximately AU $13.20). But shipping to Australia through eBay International Shipping is US $50.07 (approx. AU $75.09). That makes shipping 5.5 times more expensive than the product itself. And it’s a shipping fee of US $50.07 for 1 x shoe without the box. It’s irrationally expensive.

It feels like eBay International Shipping are price-gouging customers. Such tactics don’t just financial harm Australian customers. U.S. sellers are missing out on sales because exorbitant international shipping fees deter foreign customers.

Can you advise whether eBay is planning on reviewing their international shipping fees anytime soon? If you're not, you should.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/145207047300?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=705-154756-20017-0&ssspo=b93vm4wOSO6...

View Entire Topic

Buy a pair of shoes in Australia?

If the cost for the pair is less than the cost for a single from OS, you're in front.

I know a few amputees. They generally want their shoes to match, if they have protheses.