Charge for something I did not authorise

I recently received an email from Paypal saying they had paid an amount of $48.99 for my membership of ebay plus. As I don't have an ebay plus membership can you please let me know what's going on an return my money. As an aged pensioner I cannot afford to pay out almost $50 for something I neither need or want. Please contact me ASAP. Today please before I have to report this as fraud.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

You have given out your email address  and phone number on a public forum

The only people who will contact you will be scammers

eBay do not read here. Anyone who contacts you saying they are from eBay is a scammer

and it is not up to fellow members to give you $50

If you really did not sign up for a free trial of eBay plus, and cancel it before the (paid) renewal date, then you SHOULD be reporting it

Being an aged pensioner has nothing to do with it, there are many, many people here who are over a certain age and or on limited incomes 

I will ask a mod to remove your personal details, however they usually take several hours to do so

In the meantime, do not give any information to anyone contacting you

Did you trial eBay Plus, you may have signed up for the trial and forgotten to cancel after your trial was up.

You need to go into eBay Plus and cancel from there.

Also it is just other members here, not eBay, so threatening fraud reports means little to us

When you sign up for any trial, it is always a good idea to set a reminder (with the date it ends) otherwise you basically agree to continue your membership at the end of the trial if you don't cancel it. If you never signed up or never clicked on any link starting your trial, even by mistake, you have to contact eBay via live chat and explain your situation. I never signed up for the eBay Plus trial, so i don't know, but I assume they might send you an email when the trial starts? Maybe you can check your mailbox.

It could be a scam. There are a lot of similar ones circulating at the moment.

Ask a Question
Top Kudoed Posts