Credit Card not linked but charged?

I have just purchased 5 items that were charged to a credit card which is not linked to ebay nor paypal. I have just been into my account on both sites and cannot see how that card was charged?

View Entire Topic

Have you checked whether you have alternative credit cards listed with PayPal? It may be that at some point in the past,  you added the charged credit card, but have opted to have another card (or a bank account) as your primary source for your payment method in PayPal.

There may then have been insufficient funds in the linked account or credit card/debit card. PayPal may then opt for another payment method, such as a linked card that you had forgotten was linked (if that's the case).

PayPal may also charge a card after it has been removed from your PayPal payment options. To quote PayPal: "Any pending payments will be processed, even after you remove it."

Have you looked in your PayPal wallet?

If this is not the answer, if the card has never been linked to PayPal and is not linked to PayPal, phone PayPal and explain your concerns. You'll get a one-off passcode every time you access the "contact us" link.

PayPal Customer Service hours:

6am to 10pm AEST Monday to Friday
    8am to 7pm AEST Saturday and Sunday

Ask a Question