why can't I use PayPal any longer to buy an item?

Last week I made a payment for an item via PayPal. Everything went well.

Today, I ONLY had my credit card as an available payment method! I TRIED to add my PayPal account again but eBay said something about managed payments ...  I'm not a seller.

What's going on??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Hi all who tried to help me. Thanks for your suggestions.

I receivd a telephone call from 'Rohan' who said he was from eBay and in our discussion I was advised that my problem 'probably' arose because I had signed up to use AfterPay for a purchase the week before because it gave me a $10 discount. Aparently this change set my CC as the preferred method of payment and that I need to go into My Account and remove the CC as my preferred method of payment before my next purchase and I will be back to my normal selection of payment method at checkout.

Again, thanks to all who tried to help.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Also, if the seller offers a safe method of payment such as merchant facilities direct through the seller, they don't require to offer PayPal through managed payments.

I still have Paypal as a payment option for buying. The only reason I've heard for no Paypal being available is if the member has had a lot of disputes over a short period of time, in cases like that Paypal will shut the account down.

In this case, I was not given the opportunity to select/add a payment method. As soon as I chose to buy the payment was processed through to payment successful without ANY input from me. It was only when I viewed the order that I found that the payment had come from my credit card!??

Hi kopenhagen

I can't seem to open another comment box so I'll have to respond this way ...

I am not a frequent purchaser - maybe 1/2 dozen a year - and this was the first purchase where I was not offered the option to pay by anything other than CC - and I don't seem to be able to add my PayPal account back into my eBay account

Ask a Question
Top Kudoed Posts