You bend over backwards to help and accommodate a buyer's wishes.......

Why are people so rude? Gee it makes me mad!

Recently had a buyer purchase an item on my other account. Paid for it 4 days later on a Saturday. On the Sunday I get an email, "When are you posting it, I need it next weekend? No please, no thank you, no manners.

So, here's the story.
The Friday just before she paid, I fell quite ill, with a shocking fever 39-41 and infection of some sort which kept me in bed until Sunday, could hardly stand up let alone walk, couldn't eat or drink, when I had to be taken to hospital. Suffering fever and severe dehydration, I was pumped via a drip, 4 courses of antibiotics and released Monday night, but still extremely unwell. Had no internet in hospital and iphone wouldn't charge properly, not that I was up to eBaying anyway, needed the phone to contact my family etc.

Received another message, from buyer, "Can you answer me, I need it by the weekend". Again no manners, please, thank you etc.

Now that particular listing states under postage, "Generally ships within 3 business days". So it was now Tuesday (Business Day 2), so I emailed her back along the lines of the following,

Hi, sorry I couldn't get back to you earlier, I had fallen ill and was in hospital for 2 days. As a courtesy, I will post your item today and send it via Express Post at no additional cost, so that you receive your item in time for the weekend. I hope you find this satisfactory. I will post the tracking details once I have posted the parcel. Please let me know that you have received it on time. Many thanks for your patience and understanding. Kind regards....

And that is exactly what I did.

And do you think I even got a thank you. Nup!

1. I wasn't even outside my posting days.
2. Didn't even bother to tell me she had received it.
3. No thank you, nothing.
4. No feedback (yes I know it's voluntary, but she's left feedback for others)

I tell you, a little bit of courtesy goes a lonnnnnng way! Some people just don't have, or don't know how to use manners these days!

Gripe over. I don't think I'll even bother bending over backwards like that again to help someone like that.

The funny thing is, another buyer who I was late getting his parcel out because I had issues with my printer, was so pleasant and understanding, "No worries, these things happen, I appreciate your email!", so I refunded him half the postage! And he was extremely thankful!

I guess you're always going to get one bad apple!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)

Ask a Question