Chronic non-payers: how many times does a person not have to honour 'a legally binding agreement' in order for eBay to shut down the account

sirens_keep
Community Member

Regarding chronic non-payers: how many times does a person have to NOT honour 'a legally binding agreement' in order for eBay to shut down the account? This is a buyer's 6th non-payment in one month (according to feedback left by other sellers; other sellers have indicated that they have reported her to eBay... but to no avail). If I had time to read all of the feedback of all of my bidders I would have cancelled her bid, however, I did not, so now I am stuck with her. So, really how many times are non-paying 'buyers' 'allowed' to not pay before they face some consequences? 

Accepted Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions (2)

When l have a buyer who doesn't pay & totally disregards the Unpaid Item Dispute l block them immediately.

But that doesn't stop them from changing their user name & doing it again & again!!!

Watch out for buyers who have recently changed their ID & check out their former ID's.

Also once bidding has finished check the postal address.

I blocked a buyer only to have her bid & win another item & she gave the same address that went with her former ID so l cancelled the transaction there & then & reported her to Ebay.

Have you got in place the blocks to stop non payers?

If ALL sellers went through the dispute process and issued non payer strikes then non paying bidders would not be able to bid on sellers items that have the blocks in place.

To put these blocks in place hover your mouse over account in your my ebay page and from the drop down click on Site Preferences then go down the list till you see Buyer requirements and to the right of that click on show then click on edit. From there you can put in place the blocks you want, to stop those you want to block from purchasing from you.

Answers (0)