Buyer wants refund because item was 10min late

Hi,

I just want to run this by people so I feel sure about it, i hate disputes so much!!

I sold a wedding dress that i purchased online. It hasnt been worn, because I had the dress made to my measurements and the dressmaker stuffed it up and it is too small.

So I sold it on ebay with auction and by it now. with free regular postage in australia.

A lady emailed me on Tuesday night and said she wanted the item by Friday, I emailed back and said I could send it express first thing in the morning ( i didnt guarantee it would be there by friday, express is the best i could do). She said that was find and she would pay the extra for the postage.

I told her not to worry about paying the extra as I hate hassle and I had advertised it as free postage. She paid By It Now, and I sent it first thing in the morning (Wednesday)  express post, and emailed her with the tracking number.

On thursday night she said she still hadnt got it and could I check with the post as she said she couldnt figure out tracking numbers and that she called the post office and they didnt know anything about it.

I sent her a link to the tracking page, and i checked myself and it said it was in transit.

On friday she hadnt recieved the item, and asked me to follow up.,I was going to lodge a missing item form but was waiting to confirm her details, and by then it was saturday, and it  showed it was received at the post office, but obviously Aus post doesnt work on weekends and I didnt think she would get it until Monday.

I get an email from her telling me that if she didnt get the item by 11am on Monday, that even if she got it after she didnt care and wants a full refund because I didnt deliver it when she wanted it. I have checked tracking today and it says DELIVERED 11.09AM.

Am I right in saying NO?!

Express post is 1-3 days shipping. I sent it asap, i didnt charge her extra, I followed up for her, I did all i possibly could and I didnt once say it would reach her friday, I only said that all I could do was post it in express.

I have checked the tracking at she has recieved it, she changed her mind and wrote 11am and now its 11.09 she wants a refund, isnt that ridiculus?

Isnt it her risk to purchase an item knowing that its out of my control once its with the courier?

I dont think thats right, but I hate confrontation.

View Entire Topic

Dear (Buyer)

I'm so sorry that you're disappointed because the dress arrived 9 minutes after 11am,  but please understand that it's Australia Post that delivers your package - not me. As much as I would love to have control over their service it's an unfortunate fact that I don't. All I can do is send your order as quickly as possible - which is what I did do. After that it's up to Australia Post to deliver it to you and there's nothing I can do to make them go any faster.

If it was up to me you would have received it the next day.  Although I try to bend over backwards to look after my buyers and make sure they're happy I'm afraid that in this case I can't accept the dress back for a refund since I did exactly what I promised by sending it the very next day via Express Post.

Please don't hold me responsible for Australia Post's service. It's a beautiful dress and I hope you enjoy wearing it.

Kind regards,