Ebay policy is not fair to seller, so angry

I sold an item $400 plus $100 postage to Brazil. When I enter tracking detail, I was missing "AU" after those tracking number. I did tried to correct it but wont let me after enter.

A month later the buyer claim that item not received. I checked on tracking it said still in Brazil custom. I was allow to update the tracking number with "AU" after the case open. but the buyer said because he lost the item as I miss type "AU" at the end of tracking. Auspost tracking still shows item in custom dont understand why he said he lost it.

Anyway I spoke to ebay agent couple days ago said I am not sure what to do, they read everything said I did everything right, even I missing "AU" at the end of tracking wont be an issue. And also tell me do not refund the buyer.

Suddenly received an email from ebay said they decided to refund to buyer as I cant prove it has been arrived to buyer and will deduct money from my bank. I tried to speak with agent but it said case is closed. Cant do anything about it anymore. 

I am losing the item, postage, and the selling money for refund which is $1000 all up for nothing. I am so angry!!!!!?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

This sounds like BS....get onto eBay Help (top of page) go through the routine, then ask to speak to a supervisor...during working hours.....good luck

I have highlighted one of the answers in this thread: Shipping to Brazil - The eBay Community

Personally, I would never ship directly to Brazil. Too many stories about items stuck in customs.

I also would not ship to Brazil via a freight fowarder.

If eIS, I would not hesitate. Get it to the hub, and it is all on eBay from there.